“A nice surprise”

Casa Paolo Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #3 of 164 Restaurants in Cornwall
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ballston Lake, New York
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was traveling solo, staying next door at the First Canada Inn, and had dinner here twice. The presentation, the food, and the service were outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant as it was outstanding in every way, including the friendly and caring staff. If you are in the area and especially staying at First Canada Inn, this is THE place to go. I am on a gluten free diet, and everyone went out of their way to provide what I needed (special pasta was provided and was delicious). I hope to visit again. Robert S. Garland, Ballston Lake, NY.

• Visited August 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“We loved this place”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

They were most accommodating to our last minute booking . Food was excellent and value for money. The service was excellent too. Do not go here if you are expecting to be able to have pizza though - there are many other delicious things you can have instead!

Visited August 2013
Napanee, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DON'T GO”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was visiting Cornwall I decided to treat my family with a dinner out and we thought Italian would be great - well it would have been but NOT at Casa Paolo's -- the meal was at best was luke warm! The waitress was not only RUDE and ARGUMENTATIVE, she also was all but absent in her attention to the patrons. When approached with my dissatisfaction, the manager had NO interest in addressing my concerns and displayed absolutely no customer service skills what so ever. The one good thing about Casa Paolo, well the parking was good for a quick U-turn should you ever find yourself there!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Joane W
Woodstock, Canada
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had stopped at this restaurant a few years ago on our way home from visiting relatives and enjoyed our meal very much. This time, the manager of the hotal we stayed recommended we have dinner there, and said if we didn't like it, he would pick up the bill for us, so we went again and were not disappointed. We both had veal, parmegiano, and Genovese, and both were excellent! They were very busy, and the hostess came over to apologize for the wait. As we were in no hurry, we just ordered more wine and chatted. The meals were well worth the wait! The veal was tender and nicely seasoned, and not overwhelmed by the sauce. The vegetables were not overcooked and the rice with my order and the pasta with my husband's were perfectly cooked.
The prices for the meals are a bit on the high side comparded to chain restaurants, but the quality,of the meal was far superior. I will definitly return next time I'm in the area Our hotel manager must have been confident it was safe to make the offer to pick up our tab!

• Visited June 2013
Stoneham, Massachusetts
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

After reading the great reviews and finding out that AAA/CAA gives Casa Paola 3 stars, we were disappointed. There were many good things about the restaurant:

1. Nice ambiance
2. Great service
3. Lets you have a baked potato and vegetable instead of pasta
4.Entrees include a salad
5. Nice hot rolls

BUT neither my husband nor I thought our entrees were exceptional. He had chicken parmesan which he often orders in restaurants. Although he says that his one was good, it was not as good as many he has had. I ordered chicken piccata. The sauce was very tasty but the chicken was tough.

There also was nothing special about either the salad or the blue cheese dressing. We often order blue cheese dressing and unlike this one, it usually has chunks of blue cheese.

The best thing about our meals were the delicious baked potatoes.

• Visited May 2013