“WHO KNEW??”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My mother and were heading to Montreal this weeked and stayed overnight in Cornwall (we were moving my daughter back to Toronto on Sunday and didn't want to stay in Montreal overnight). When my mother asked at the front desk of the hotel/motel where a "nice restaurant" was - she pointed us in the direction of Casa Paolo. The building itself looks like the food inside should be German or Austrian, just because of its look, however, that means NOTHING as the food inside was so very, very good. We both had a ceasar salad, my mother had spaghetti and meatballs and I had the linguini with claims in an olive oil-garlic and herb sauce, we shared a 1/2 litre of red wine and the bill was under $60 (not including tip, but including tax). The restaurant itself was very warm and inviting inside, the staff were incredibly attentive and helpful and the food was fantastic. Who knew this little charm was hiding just off the 401 in Cornwall. As I absolutely no reason to ever go back to Montreal now, I'll have to find another excuse to make my way that far east to enjoy a meal at this lovely restaurant.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Best Italian food in town. Very expensive for meals. If you go on Tuesdays it's ladies night and women can eat for half off on a certain menu. The zucchini sticks are the absolute best you will ever have. A must order.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Went to Casa Paolo in Cornwall for a friend's birthday party last month. The food was good, but not exceptional. Service was OK, a bit slow, but I guess to be expected given the size of our party. Would go again, prices were reasonable and food good.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The ambience of this restaurant is great. The food however, is not. I ordered the Tour of Italy, which consists of 2 different kinds of pasta, which was ok, and a piece of parmesan chicken. The chicken was absolutely a joke. I believe that M&M meat shops would sell a better quality of chicken. I can’t believe this restaurant calls itself ‘Italian’. It’s definitely a ‘wannabe’ Italian restaurant. The chicken was sponge-like and tasteless. I’ve seen better pieces or chicken at Wendy’s. Could not believe we paid $17.99 for our meal. Extremely overpriced for the quality of food. My plate shouldn’t have cost more than $7.99. Will not be returning.

2  Thank lisalisa114
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were a group of five, and everyone ordered something different. Everything came rather fast, and had a lot of taste. The service was good, and the wine was nice.
We will go back.