“large portions”
Review of Bruyere's Restaurant - CLOSED

Bruyere's Restaurant
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Service is excellent but i was not overly impressed with the food it was just average.My steak i had did not have much flavour but my husband loved his fish and chips.They give large portions.Restaurant needs a serious update but is very clean.

2  Thank Cindy J

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I really like their breakfast it is always good , you don't have to wait too long also the food is always hot

Reviewed December 25, 2012

On the road on the 401 and its Christmas Day. Most places are closed and we thought we were lucky this place was open and was even serving Christmas Dinner. It was a set menu and featured turkey with meat pie and all the fixins. Price was $26 that includes a soup or salad and a desert. We get the soup, beef barley, it had plenty of other stuff in it except beef. It was bit greasy but at least not over salted. Then came the main. Knowing places like this tend to over cook their turkey we order dark meat. We get a big heaping plate full of stuff. Presentation is not something these people excel at. A big scoop of mash, a scoop of boiled dead frozen vegs, a broken up pastry and meat something I guess was the meat pie, some turkey bits and some bread stuffing. The first bite was of the meat pie thing and I almost gagged. It was rancid, my son said it tasted like the smell of rat poison. The turkey even though dark meat was dry and tasteless even with a brown sauce that was also bland and tasteless. The turkey was worst than week old leftover microwaved to death. The mash was equally bland and tasteless and tasted like from powder. The boiled frozen vegs was as limp and dead as can be. When dessert came the server sheepishly said there was only one piece left of each, a pineapple crumble, a chocolate cake and one other. We declined and she seemed relieved. Maybe it was the best thing they had to offer and they could take it them home for their own treat. If this meal cost $10 to $15 then I would say what do you expect at a diner type establishment. Just would not be recommending Guy Fieri here. But at $26 plus GST plus tips making this a $30+ dinner it is just completely outrageous. The server did ask sheepishly how was things but seemed to want to get away before she got an answer. She knew the food was bad. I guess this place is mostly for locals, retirerees from what we can tell. No wonder old folks have so much Alzheimer's and other ailments if this is the type of food they are being fed. There is absolutely no food quality here. The cook doesn't have a clue or completely does not give a damn. Go to McD, you would get a better meal and better value. And I never go to McD!

1  Thank Ecx99
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Found that food is good for price but the resto is find it dusty....makes me wonder,they need to clean up and upgrade.

1  Thank biztravel2012
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been to Bruyer's for breakfast, which is pretty good. One day while waiting for
my car to be services we decided to have lunch at Bruyere's while we wait. We took
items off the lunch special, both meals were simply awful. Will never return again.

1  Thank Kathleen L