“Modern décor, original food”

Truffles Burger Bar
Ranked #2 of 164 Restaurants in Cornwall
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa
“Modern décor, original food”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We went for a late lunch. At first glance, the restaurant is very inviting and modern looking. I had the elk burger with blue cheese. It was wonderful. The sweet potato fries were not exciting nor were the onion rings (way too crunchy) however one in our party had the fries with oil and parmesan and that is the side that I will have next time. Surprisingly tasty! Can't say much about the service as it was just ok. My only concern is the noise level as even with few people left at the hour we were there, voices resonnated strongly. Still, this is one great restaurant which I would not hesitate to recommend.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Julie C

Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were only in Cornwall for one night with no idea where to go. We found Truffles Burger Bar by accident and it was a great discovery. Matt, our server, pulled up a chair and explained all of the burgers on the menu, helped us choose side dishes and wine. We would definitely love to return.

2 Thank J M
Cornwall, Canada
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

A group of us went to Truffles last night to celebrate a friend's birthday. We were 12 total. The waitress that served us appeared very scattered and had difficulty right from the start. The prices are high for the quality of food we were served. My husband tried the kangaroo burger and was disappointed.It was a small burger and with no fries or side $16.95. I ordered a regular burger on a gluten free bun $12.95 which came on a regular bun. When I brought it to the servers attention, she went to get a gluten free bun which arrived after everyone else was done eating. Everyone's sides came after most were done their burger and they were served at the table cold. Cold sweet potato fries are not good. The side of mushrooms a friend ordered came just before we received our bill. Asking twice for a glass of wine and not getting it for an hour is not good service. It was a disappointment to say the least.

1 Thank DebbieFortier
Naples, Florida
“awesome burgers and staff”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stopped in on our travels on our motorcycles after being in 10 hours of rain. Dripping wet the staff welcomed us, with out being ignored. The server was awesome at suggesting beer and side dishes that were perfect for our tastes. Loved the goat stuffed burger it was awesome. Everything was great, if we didn't live 2000 miles away we would be back.

1 Thank tanya a
Canada
“Was a fan but the novelty wore off”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ate here when it first opened, everything was great, the burger was great, the side options were great, but then we came here again, this being our third time. The wait staff seemed to be lacking, the girl serving us, was a very nice girl, but we had to tell her our order 3 times before she finally remembered, she was literally running back and forth from the outside patio to the upstairs to the people who were sitting inside, so we thought she was just very busy, but we asked her later if she had to serve 3 sections and she was only serving two sections.

The burgers: the selection is totally different for what is in the area, depending what they actually have in stock. If you aren't very adventurous, then I wouldn't suggest eating here. They do have "plain" burgers (beef patty, bacon, lettuce, tomato) but you pay $10, and then another $3-9 for a side of fries.

On our first visit, I had the plantain fries and they were amazing! But I do remember them being included in our burger meal, now you have to pay for them separately, not to mention they charge $1 if you want mayo. But this past visit I ordered the plantain fries and it cost another $6, with my $15 burger, and all you get is 5 pieces of plantain.

All in all, I didn't enjoy my last visit. As we were eating our food, we kept thinking, maybe we should have just gone across the road for something better.

1 Thank MrsLeah