“Boar Burger or Elk Burger or T21!! I can never choose!!”

Truffles Burger Bar
Ranked #3 of 165 Restaurants in Cornwall
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Cornwall, Canada
“Boar Burger or Elk Burger or T21!! I can never choose!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always always always enjoy my burger!! My only problem.....which one to order!!! I love so many of them!! Boar usually wins out but I had the T21 the other night and I had to wonder why I don't order that one more often!! Love their poutines too!!! Oh and the selection of drinks!!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Shiraz1980

Montreal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Culinary experience done right!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Within minutes of walking into Truffles Burger Bar, one realizes that the owners clearly know what they're doing. From its chic ambiance and contemporary decor, to its menu selection and customer service. Its hip music and stylish furnishings reminded me of a restaurant one would find in a swank boutique hotel. And the food was delicious! We had their burgers which were amazing and we were also able to order from their other high-end restaurant menu situated upstairs (called Table 21), which gave us an opportunity to sample a bit of what their food was like! Had their oysters and they were the best I ever had! Will definitely try Table 21 next time!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank TravelBudMontreal
Lancaster, Canada
“Table 21”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Had a fantastic evening last night, the food was amazing! a 5 star! The best culinary arts in Cornwall. The ambiance was perfect. Service fantastic. We will be back!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank KannerManor
Cornwall, Canada
“A new gem for Cornwall”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

An excellent, lively, vibrant, modern and unique experience. The burger menu is fun and interesting, makes you want to work your way from top to bottom. The food was excellent and the service good. We have been a few times and will continue to return. They even did take out for us one evening when we could not sit in! If you have not been you should!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Pattilizzie
Montreal
“A Very Good And Original Concept”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Based upon the positive word of mouth this burger bar has garnered, we made the Saturday evening trek to Cornwall to sample their food.
The first thing that struck us is the decor, very sleek and modern, almost a club type atmosphere, but it works. Especially when the restaurant is more quiet this makes for a cozy and romantic ambiance unlike any other.
We came here for the burgers though and we were certainly not disappointed by the selection; Kangaroo, Alligator, Llama and Camel are all here for the more adventurous palates. We chose to be ever so slightly more conventional and opted for the Elk and Blue Cheese and Blue Crab and Cilantro Chili Sauce Burgers with side orders of Fries with Truffle and Curry Mayo.
The burgers were indeed very good, the Elk burger in particular was perfectly cooked, something that is hard to accomplish sometimes with low fat meats such as Elk or Bison. The Blue Crab was a truly unique experience, very tasty and the Cilantro Chili Sauce was a nice touch. The fries were excellent too, not greasy at all and the flavored mayos were perfect for dipping, I particularly enjoyed the Truffle mayo-again very unique. We finished off the meal with the fried cheesecake for dessert, an indulgence that was indeed very delicious.
It should be noted that Truffles Burger Bar also serves one of the tallest and best Caesar's I've ever had.
The wait staff, and in particular the hostess were all very pleasant and endearing.
It should be noted that we visited quite early in the evening and service was a tad slow, not enough to be a major gripe for us but perhaps for someone out for a quick lunch this could be an issue. The restaurant was moderately busy when we dined around 5:15, but was really filling up by the time we left at six. Obviously, this is a popular 'in-spot' within the city of Cornwall, not surprising as there is really not very much competition for fine dining options in the region. I am sure Truffles will benefit from being located in a smaller community, however I am sure this concept would succeed in bigger metropolitan areas such as Montreal or Ottawa. I know Montreal presently has a wide array of burger bars, but none with this amount of selection and variety on the menu.
Some minor complaints-there was no paper towel or hand dryer in the washroom, something of a cause for concern when proper hand washing is so important in these times of super viruses. If it had been late in the evening I would have understood as perhaps they would have ran out of paper due to a large amount of patrons and traffic, however this was very early in the dinner service.
Be advised that there is ambiguity about the parking meters on the street, the times listed state that visitors must pay from Monday to Friday 9:00-6:00, but the waiter was unsure and upon asking a vendor at a t-shirt shop across the street he mentioned that one must indeed pay on weekends prior to six in the evening.

• Visited January 2013