“A very enjoyable afternoon on Canada Day 2013” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dimitris

Dimitris
Ranked #14 of 165 Restaurants in Cornwall
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek, Canadian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
hawkesbury ontario canada
“A very enjoyable afternoon on Canada Day 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were actually looking for a place called the Blue Anchor but it looked a bit dodgy so on we went and found Dimitris..So glad we did! Excellent saganaki, octopus cooked prefectly and a wide selection of imported beers...The view of the St Lawrence from the patio was excellent..The owner went out his way to speak to us as we were leaving, gave me tips on how to cook a better saganaki and even offered to pick up some of the required cheese in Montreal for us..Yes, we will be going back!

• Visited July 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great view, good food and good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have been to Dimitris twice so far and will continue to go as they have a varied menu and so many delicious sounding options!
The first time we went, the hostess was a bit disorganized. It was a very busy Saturday night and she seemed overwhelmed... Telling people it would be "a few minutes", than "15 minutes" than someone else came and told the same group "35 minutes". That visit, my husband and I had tzatziki and pita bread and cheese sticks as appetizers. (Tzatziki was a bit too peppery but good), cheeseburger pizza and seafood pasta as a main (both were good). This most recent time, our group ordered a greek appetizer which was baked cheese (delicious, would definately recommend), perch roll platter, perch platter, old style fish and chips and a chicken pita platter. All food was good. The greek salad was a bit sad though; the dressing wasn't that great.
Servers were good. They were pretty knowledgeable about the menu items. Only disappointment is that I ordered a side of tzatziki for my potatoes at the same time that others ordered another drink and the waitress brought all of the drinks and when I reminded her about the tzatziki, she than asked what size I wanted so I had to wait again.

Cornwall, Canada
“Cornwall's Top Restaurant: I think not!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife had pork kebab plate and I had the pork pita plate. The greek salad featured colourless tomatoes; there was grizzle in the pork. Very average and doesn't hold a candle to 800 or Schnitzel's. A varied menu featuring Mexican, Greek and Italian dishes is generally an ominous sign.

2 Thank AMD788
Summerstown, Ontario
“"Go and Enjoy"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Dimitri's is one of my favourite restaurant. The food is excellent at a reasonable price.
The staff is friendly. The patio has a relaxing atmosphere with an amazing view of the
St-Lawrence river. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Ontario
“Fantastic.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

A must go, while visiting Cornwall. When we go back to the hometown we will always visit Dimitris.
If you are just out for a drive, the highway 2 scenic veiws and a stop here for a great meal and veiw of the seaway with the large ships passing by can't be beat.

• Visited May 2013