“Two visits -one week”
Review of First Canada Inns

First Canada Inns
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Cornwall
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Heading toward North Bay we stayed at the motel based on reviews and a Google map pedestrian view. It is in a great location, within walking (wide sidewalks going both ways) distance of good restaurants, shopping, including a grocery store. The motel proprietors, Jim and Brenda, are friendly and knowledgeable on local attractions. The room is spacious, had all the amenities (microwave/refrigerator/wireless internet), clean and everything worked. We made a reservation for the following week (last room to be available that night) since we were very happy with the first visit. Arriving, we found the reservation missing and no vacancy. Jim made no excuses, thought for a brief moment and offered his premier extra price room with Jacuzzi Tub, the bridal room at the same price. The hotel advertises that they treat guests like family and they back this up. This room was exceptionally nice and well appointed. We'll stay here for sure on the next time through.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Cindy W, Guest Relations Manager at First Canada Inns, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Dale F:
Thanks for the great review. We will always provide our guests with the best possible stay that we can, and appreciate your recommendations. Thanks again, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is the best motel I have EVER stayed at! The rooms are huge. The beds are comfortable. The owners are firendly and very helpful with any onfo you require about the area.
There is a very good restaurant, Peppermills, across the street at the Best Western Hotel.
We felt very comfortable and safe. This motel is near everything you may need or want and highway access to get anywhere lese is near.

Room Tip: They have rooms with a king size bed and a fireplace, or two queen size beds. We've had both, bu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cindy W, Guest Relations Manager at First Canada Inns, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Judy:
We truly appreciate your amazing review. It's gratifying to everyone here to know that a guest had a comfortable stay, and would recommend us. We hope to see you back next time you're in Cornwall.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very clean room and beautiful well kept grounds comfy bed and a quiet location
very affordable as well.
the fireplace was a nice touch but not used on this stay
only suggestion is more hangers for clothes and later check out
12 or 1pm
we would stay here again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Cindy W, Guest Relations Manager at First Canada Inns, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Tedi S,
We appreciate your suggestions and will certainly take them into consideration. We thank you for taking the time to write a great review, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Alright for the price. Certainly not worth all the 5 star reviews in my opinion. Room was non smoking but still smelled like smoke. There was no soap in the bathroom for the morning shower. Bed was a little rustic as you could feel the springs poking into your back but overall it wasn't terrible considering the location and price.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here for work for 2 weeks. When my company booked me in, I was skeptical since small motels are rarely more than simply acceptable. This place is great. Good service, as well as clean, updated rooms. I'd recommend staying here to anyone whether they're on holiday, or in the area for work.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Cindy W, Guest Relations Manager at First Canada Inns, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Mark:
Thanks so much for the great review. We were so happy that you and your colleagues enjoyed your time with us. We would be happy to see you again, either for work or a vacation. You were great guests.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

needed a room because my son was coming home for a few days. He arrived at Ottawa airport at 11;45 p.m. Last weekend in Cornwall rooms were almost all taken by a group for 6 weekend in a row,.So dealing with Expidia they found no room at all.
So i decided to look for myself and found FIRST CANADA INNS.to my relief I could have a room,non smoking, 2 double beds, ect. .But the problem was that we would be there before 3a.m. because we had to go to the U.S.A. customs to get his working visa,.
Dear Brenda, said not a problem,and we arranged for the key and I would see her in the morning, when we got there everything was juste great, the room was clean, confortable beds, nice size room.
Thank you ! Brenda
your kindness was really appreciated.
I would return there any times , the grounds are just beautiful ,with flowers , chairs, even a swing.
Louise and Stef.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Louise R
Cindy W, Guest Relations Manager at First Canada Inns, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Louise:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Accomodating our guests in every way possible is what we strive for and were pleased to hear that you had a great stay.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband stayed at the First Canada Inns in Cornwall for a couple of weeks’ business stay and I visited him for the weekend. I usually don’t take the time to write reviews but, in this case, I found the hosts Brenda and Jim to be such nice people I had to say something. Their motto – at the entrance board – is ‘We treat our guests like friends’ and they sure do. For the weekend I visited they were always there for every single one of our needs. I got bit by mosquitoes at the lake and Brenda even came to my help with soothing Aloevera. I would highly recommend this friendly value accommodation in Cornwall.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cindy W, Guest Relations Manager at First Canada Inns, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear JoFig:
Thanks for the wonderful review. Brenda and Jim always go out of their way to make each of their guests as comfortable as possible. I must correct you though, our motto is "We treat our guests like family". Thanks again for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornwall
Super 8 Cornwall ON
Econo Lodge
#4 of 7 in Massena
22 mi away
McIntosh Country Inn & Conference Centre

Been to First Canada Inns? Share your experiences!