“Look no further!”

Super 8 Cornwall ON
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Cornwall
Reviewed June 26, 2014

After a long drive west from Prince Edward Island to Ontario, we were relieved to get through Montreal at night so that we could avoid rush hour traffic the next morning. This, however, left us with the unwelcome prospect of looking for a decent hotel at eleven p.m. After a passing by one seedy-looking property still within Quebec, we decided to push on to a more populated area, which was Cornwall, Ontario. It was worth the extra few kilometres. You're always taking a chance when as desperate as we were that late at night, and there were a few choices in Cornwall, but we chose the first one we recognized, the Super 8 at 2694 Brookdale Avenue. A clean, comfy bed was our number one priority, and the Super 8 did not disappoint. Daniel checked us in quickly, and he was very friendly. The room (#106) was clean and inviting as soon as we stepped in. The king-sized bed was firm and the bedding was a white and clean as any we have ever slept in. We would stay there again in a minute. What a relief to find a place where we could get such a good night's sleep at the last minute when we needed it the most. The included continental breakfast was nothing to write home about, so we skipped it and headed down the road to a travel centre for breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca B
MrNeilsan, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Cornwall ON, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our Super 8 Cornwall hotel. We're glad you found our hotel clean, with a comfortable bed and enjoyed a good nights sleep! That's our goal, to provide friendly service, clean and comfortable rooms where guests can rest up and get on their way. We'll pass your kind remarks onto our staff. Thanks again for choosing Super 8 Cornwall and posting your review. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Cornwall ON

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed two weeks in Super 8, had a wonderful time there. The feel of hotel is clean and safe. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. W.e enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.. Pool was very clean, would like to stay there again and definitely recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: Its right on highway
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sardar B
MrNeilsan, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Cornwall ON, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review of the hotel on the Tripadvisor site. We are glad you had enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly look forward to your return. Thank you for your kind expressions.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I booked through hotwire.com (my first time) and ended up with the Super 8. The hotel seemed pretty clean and modern. The pool area looked nice, but we did not use it. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. They put us in room 203. It smelled extremely musty! I had to go out and buy air freshener and it still was terrible. I should have asked for another room, but we had already settled in before it became a problem. The hotel offers a continental breakfast and I didn't expect much, but it was very disappointing. Bad coffee, stale muffins, bread, cereal, juice, waffles were ok but not much else. I probably would think twice about staying again, and if we did, I would definitely check out the room before we settled in.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 203
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your review on the tripadvisor site, your thoughts are important to us. We are sorry that you did not feel that the room was "fresh" and have notified the housekeeping department concerning this. We can assure you that all our rooms are thoroughly cleaned and refreshed daily. The Superstart breakfast that Super 8 provides is in the state of review and exciting new changes are coming soon. Thanks once again for your review.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Perhaps it could use a bit of updating and freshening up but the rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and the location was convenient if you were travelling. No, it's not a five star hotel but it doesn't have a five star price, either.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
MrNeilsan, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Cornwall ON, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We aim to welcome guests in a friendly manner, and provide affordable, clean and comfortable rooms. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and hope you'll be able to stay again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Me and my fiancé and son stayed in the family suite really nice two beds couch fireplace good room and awesome service we really enjoyed the room the breakfast was good and the new salt water pool I recommend anyone that stays there with family to take the family suite

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for writing your review on the Tripadvisor site. Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate your kind words. We're glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope you and your family are able to come and stay again soon. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Went for a weekend getaway. There is nothing special about this Super 8, although the bed was amazingly comfortable. The staff was not all the pleasant, the female working the desk on Saturday never even acknowledged us when we walked in to go to our room after a day out, we went outside to smoke and never acknowledged us and when we came back from dinner same thing! The pool was cold and the picture portrayed what appeared to be a hot tub, although it was not a hot tub they did have a jacuzzi that was not functioning! The pool was locked all day on Saturday and the "Fitness Room" is smaller then a bathroom.

When they were cleaning on Saturday I could not smell any actual cleaning solution in the water to mop and when I looked in the bucket it looked like just water. The carpets needed to be vacuumed!

We stayed two nights and we do not have our room cleaned while we are there, but I did need two new bath towels, when I asked for a new towel the lady asked me my room number and was upset over me asking for new towels!

All in all, it was quiet and the BED was clean and comfortable. I thought the staff could have been friendlier and I wish the pool was warm and Jacuzzi was functioning!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MrNeilsan, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Cornwall ON, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad you had been our guest and found the bed comfortable and the room quiet.

Our hospitality team is known for their friendly, welcoming service, and are eager to please. We are sorry that you did not have that experience during your visit.

Our pool is automatically set at a comfortable 83 degrees, and the shallow area adjacent to the pool is the splash pad area for young children. It is a requirement that our pool is kept locked for safety reasons and we gladly open it to adults and their families whenever they wish to use it.

Thanks again for your review, we hope we can improve on showing you our warm hospitality next time you're in the area.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

During my two day visit to Cornwall on January 9 & 10, 2014, Gina was particularly helpful to me.

I had mistakenly put some sort of Moroccan Oil on my hair (product was brought from my home in error) in the early morning hours and the single container of shampoo in the room did not remove this solution.

I contacted Gina at the front desk and she immediately brought two more containers to my room.

When this did not remove the oil from my hair (and I had appointments later that morning), I visited Gina at the front desk to further explain my dilemma and she promptly gave me a few more containers…finally, the majority of the oil was removed.

While the condition of a guest’s hair might not be of concern to you, believe me, to me it was an awful moment when I realized what I had applied to my hair. I did not have a vehicle to go shopping for shampoo and with my meetings pending, I was in dire straits.

I wish to commend Gina for her compassion and willingness to aide a female in distress!

Thank you so much for employing such a wonderful woman!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Super8rep, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Cornwall ON, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

It was very kind of you to have taken the time to write about the exceptional service you received from Gina. We have passed on your comments, and they are very much appreciated. Be assured it our pleasure to be of service to our guests. We do hope that you'll come back the next time you're in the area. Thanks again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornwall
Comfort Inn
#5 of 12 in Cornwall
Century Motel
Century Motel
#3 of 12 in Cornwall

Been to Super 8 Cornwall ON? Share your experiences!