“A Great Place To Stay When Your On The Road”

Super 8 Cornwall ON
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Cornwall
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stopped here after a long drive from Nova Scotia. It was a comfortable, clean place to stay and very reasonably priced when we arrived around 10pm. The had a warm breakfast and met all of our needs.

Okay, except their fitness room. My only beef with the Super 8 Cornwall is their exercise room. None of the cardio machines worked, it was as if someone just moved all of the old equipment from a yard sale into the motel.

Other than that, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Super8rep, Manager at Super 8 Cornwall ON, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on the tripadvisor site, your comments are important to us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay at our Super 8 Cornwall hotel and will be able to come again!

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Cornwall ON

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had travelled from Halifax that day and were quite ready for a place to stop. The Super 8 Cornwall was nice and close to the Highway - easy to find. The hotel was very clean; our King room was great and comfortable. The front desk staff were helpful and accommodating. Breakfast was basic, but good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reynoldszoo
Super8rep, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Cornwall ON, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your review on the TripAdvisor site, your feedback really means a lot to us.

We're glad you had given Super 8 Cornwall a try, and we're pleased that you enjoyed the comfy bed, found the hotel clean and the staff helpful. We'll pass your positive comments on to our departments, and they'll be further motivated to serve our guests in a warm friendly manner.

We do hope you'll come and enjoy your king room on the next time you're passing through. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts.

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Forced to stop here on a road trip to Quebec last night. I was too tired to continue so me and my two young daughters got a two bed room. The only employee available was outside smoking while we arrived, and though she was very polite, if I saw someone carrying a baby with another young child I would offer to help with their luggage! Especially since there is NO elevator! Anyways 100+ dollars after tax bought me a mothball smelling, questionably clean room with very uncomfortable beds and flat pillows that left me mildly itchy when I woke up. My children were pleased with the television and access to treehouse tv. Unfortunately I did not hang around to enjoy the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Arynn
Super8rep, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Cornwall ON, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. We are sorry that you found the room smelling like mothballs. Our rooms are cleaned with the windows opened for several hours and "freshened" by a very pleasing orange-scented spray. As well, we are having new air exchange units installed, to keep our rooms smelling fresh. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, your comments are important to us.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Me and my family stayed at the super8 yesterday for valintines day and we really enjoyed the stay rooms were very clean bed was comfortable and the staff was so good,,,, we enjoyed it so much we are going to back in April for a suite,,,,, Thanks so much for the super8 staff and for all the help.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank JESCE
Super8rep, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Cornwall ON, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanks so much for writing your experience at our Super 8 Cornwall hotel. We're so glad you found our hotel clean, beds comfortable and the staff friendly. We work hard as a team to make each guest's stay Super!
We look forward to having you back again in April.
Thanks again for the great review.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay. This was the second time staying here and I plan to stay there again whenever business takes me that direction. The staff was friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank rana_unger

Dear Guest,

We certainly appreciate you posting your review on the TripAdvisor site. We cater to business travelers, like yourself, and are glad you had a pleasant stay. Thanks for mentioning the friendly staff, it is certainly our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to your return next time business brings you this way. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

After reading other reviews Im not sure I even stayed at the same hotel! Some people complain about the stupdest things like no captioning on the tv? Really? Who cares! Anyways, Im a pilot and I travel a lot and this hotel was great. I had a 1 queen bedroom on the main floor. Check-in and service was excellent, the bed was comfortable, room and bathroom extremely clean, fresh towlels and a free breakfast n the morning! The room also had a small mini fridge and flatscreen television. This place is not rundown, the kitchen area is spotless and there is always hot coffee and hot water available. For those who complained about the continental breakfast especially the one comment about no eggs, its called a "continental breakfast", that means fruit, juice, tea/coffee and toast/ muffins etc. If your looking for a place to stay dont hesitate. The only area I didnt give 5 stars was the fitness room as its a bit tiny and not much equipment (I didnt use or see the pool at all so no comment) There is a Tim Hortons in the parking lot and the hotel is located right off the 401 highway. If you head south on the road out from the hotel you will find Subway, Wendys, Metro supermarket, Walmart etc etc, I highly recommend this place and I have been all over the world in many hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mdfry

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind, frank review of our hotel! We appreciate you mentioning the clean room, and kitchen, advising of the SuperStart breakfast standard, mentioning the comfy bed (new mattresses) and that you found the our service excellent, we really do strive to be helpful. Although our fitness room is small, we have just installed a new saltwater pool which will open early May! We hope you can come and be our guest again and enjoy using our new pool in addition to the fitness equipment. Thanks again for the great review!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I am a salesman that travels 3 days a week and stay in hotels 46 weeks a year throughout the province of Ontario. Usually I try to stay at Super 8's if available as i find most of them to conveniently located and competitively priced. The Super 8 in Cornwall stands out from all the other locations. Each and every staff member here is Super friendly. There is a small workout room and pool too with a free continental breakfast. The hotel is extremely clean as well. A special mention goes out to Aimee and Sandra for all of their help.

I'd mention my name, but the other locations may not be happy that I didn't mention them.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A W
Super8rep, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Cornwall ON, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

We remember when you stayed with us, and found your happy, upbeat attitude a pleasure to serve. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts on the TripAdvisor site, and are grateful for your kind expressions.

All our Staff members strive to offer each and every guest a friendly welcome, and provide a Super stay, thank you for mentioning the friendly, helpful staff.

We look forward to your next stay with us, and again we are sincerely thankful for the great review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornwall
Comfort Inn
#5 of 12 in Cornwall
Century Motel
Century Motel
#3 of 12 in Cornwall

Been to Super 8 Cornwall ON? Share your experiences!