“great food; service poor”
Review of Moon - CLOSED

Moon
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Server was less than enthusiastic... and acted somewhat rude.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

When this restaurant and its competitor sushi/thai restaurant opened, it was great news for the Cornwall restaurant scene, which, until then, suffered from a glut of chain restaurants and, for some odd reason "mediterranean" food. Has a thriving lunch time business, being right down town. Initially, service was a little bumpy, but improved. The "all you can eat" menu helped bring prices down - it was considerably more expensive than the other sushi place until they did that. Used to stop in for lunch with colleagues regularly. However, last time I went, had terrible heartburn and felt ill the next day. Colleague also suffered the same fate. And, oddly enough, a friend who was also there at a separate table had the same symptoms. The thing we had all eaten in common was sushi rolls w/ salmon. Always concerned about cleanliness, and the fact that three of us were ill is a problem. Haven't been back since, which is too bad, because until that point it was quite good (would've previously given it a three & 1/2, after the heartburn would drop it down to a 2 -- so have averaged it out...)

1  Thank ice_rider
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Great food, large menu, good service and prices. Everything you could ask for.

Main drawback was that, like most people we chose the all you can eat a la carte offer. And the food is so good, you don't stop until you're overstuffed. Plan for a few laps around the block after a visit to Moon. Very pleasant and memorable experience.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I went to Moon with my husband and another couple on a Sunday, and we decided to try the buffet. You pick items off a menu and they are brought to your table, fresh and yummy. I enjoyed everything we had but the sushi was much better than I'd hoped for! Who knew Cornwall had decent sushi?:) I especially liked the liberal use of avocado, my favourite.

The other non-sushi items were yummy too. The buffet menu is large and varied and the prices are very reasonable. I also love the decor, classy with clean lines. We'll be back!

2  Thank caberwife
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Good food and friendly service. Very generous portions