“Great place to stay”
Review of Ramada Cornwall

Ramada Cornwall
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Cornwall
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is our second visit to the Ramada, Cornwall in late December. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and the pool is great. The "free" breakfast is ample and with a good selection. Probably the biggest challenge is finding the entrance to the Ramada which is easier the second time.
Reservations are easy on line and they often call just to make sure they got it right.

Room Tip: Don't take the rooms on the ground floor next to the exits leading to the parking. These can be...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 114Rainer

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband and I were driving from Toronto to New Brunswick and needed a break from our long drive for Christmas during the ice storm. It was a treacherous drive and it was taking us longer than planned so we decided to stop in Cornwall. Ramada was the perfect choice for our rest stop. They have a great indoor pool and hot tub which came in handy for stretch and relaxation after a long day of driving. The room is clean, king size bedroom had two chairs and a TV and fridge. The bed gave us a great night's rest - pillows and duvet were very comfortable. The shower was excellent too. Showerhead has different massage settings. Complimentary breakfast at the lounge was decent for what you need as a traveller. The hotel itself seems renovated. Pool and area was clean. If you have kids or need special accommodation, keep to the first floor - there are no elevators. It's a two-story hotel. Lots of room so a lot of walking to get to your room if you are on the 2nd floor - we didn't mind. We needed the exercise after a long day in the car. Hotel staff are pleasant and professional.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Leck34, Owner at Ramada Cornwall, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hey thanks Mom!!!!! Love you too!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My Uncle and Cousin ended up caught in a storm on their way to the Maritimes. As he couldn't access the internet from the road, he called and asked if I could find him something along the way. I booked them in at the Ramada Cornwall and from the time I called for the initial reservation until my Uncle checked out the next day, the customer service was excellent. They were so kind and understanding to his situation and made sure that they were very looked after, even making sure he knew they would accommodate them if the weather didn't get better. Great Customer Service!! Thanks Again for everything!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. The location is perfect and there is plenty of parking. This hotel is SUPER clean, and quiet. The décor has been upgraded, with gorgeous granite countertops, fireplace, modern lighting and a VERY comfortable bed, with crisp white linens.

I have stayed in many hotels, and if I return to the Cornwall area, I would book this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Junior suite & it's worth it! Spacious & updated.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

On behalf of all the staff at Ramada, Thank You! We really appreciate your feedback, and hope we`ll see you again the next time your in Cornwall.

Scott Lecky

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed for one night. They offered to upgrade us for a charge to move downstairs since they have no elevator. We decided to stay upstairs at which point they offered us an upgraded room at no charge downstairs. The room had a fireplace and looked like it had been recently renovated. The beds were comfortable. We had a keurig in the room for coffee. the wifi was super slow. I tried to get my emails around dinner time and again at bedtime but could not get any speed at all. I called the front desk and was told that they had just installed a new system a few weeks ago but since the hotel was full perhaps it was overloaded. Im thinking they need to get a larger system. Breakfast was ok. My husband and son went early and everything was full and plentiful. I went around 9 am and most things were empty and the staff was not replenishing. The breakfast room is small and was very crowded with people waiting to sit down. I gave up on waiting for food so I had a bagel and a yogurt. Our friends had a standard double and their room seemed very dated. The hallways are dark and winding. We had a room at the far end of the hotel so it is a long walk to the room.
My son enjoyed the pool.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed 3 nights and had no troubles at all. Our room was clean and comfortable and we had fun in the pool, which was well kept. Our only complaint was that the bed was bouncy and every time I or my husband moved you could feel it. Also, the comforter had a stain on it. Yuck. Aside from that, we would stay here again.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We spent only 1 night here but it was great. Check-in was easy, quick & very friendly. The check-in staff gave us lots of info about area restaurants as well as their own. We decided to have dinner there as it was convenient. Food was good & reasonable. Our room was in the back so nice & quiet. Very spacious. Breakfast variety was about the same as other hotels but more than sufficient. Check-out was fast & friendly as well. Will definately stay here next time we're in Cornwall. Next time, we'll bring our bathing suits. The pool is bigger than most & looked great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our Hotel. I was glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us, and I`ll be sure to pass on your comments to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Ramada Cornwall.
Scott Lecky

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornwall
Best Western Parkway Inn & Conference Centre
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Malone
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 7 in Massena

Been to Ramada Cornwall? Share your experiences!