“Finest Dining in Dryden”

The Riverview Lodge
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Dryden
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Serving lunch and dinner. Fine dining 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm Monday to Saturday in the dining room. Lounge meals available 11:00 am to 10:00 pm Monday to Saturday. Closed Sundays and major holidays.
Dryden, Canada
“Finest Dining in Dryden”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The lodge continues to be consistant. The dining is excellent along with the service. For your special occasion this is the place to go. Reservations are recommended. Dress up, this is a classy place.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank D-Ladouceur

Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

passing thru Dryden on business and found this restaurant on trip advisor - what a find! Food, service and surroundings are all top notch!

Visited November 2012
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My typical thought about Dryden is that I should just drive right on through. I found a nice Holiday Inn Express and stopped for the night. I searched around for a restaurant and The Riverview Lodge seemed palatable. As soon as I drove into the driveway, I knew that I made an excellent choice. The service was wonderful and the meal was first class. The soup was home made and delicious. The salmon was cooked to perfection.

The building is at least 100 years old and just oozes charm.

I asked about the accomodations ( sadly too late to enjoy them myself ) and was given a grand tour of a very stately hotel. The rooms are oversized and just beautiful. The suite overlooking the river is fit for a queen. The rates are very reasonable. I tested the WIFI connection on my phone and the signal was strong.

This has to be the nicest spot in Northern Ontario. Dryden is no longer a " pass through " town for me. Whenever I get close to this town, I will be sure to plan my travel so I land at The Riverview Lodge.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Bigalkie
“Sad food”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We went there after work and it was the safest looking wings and fish and chips I have ever seen when we ask if any meat was going to come for the bones they called wings the sever said that's what they always look like the fish was like they breaded 2 goldfish

2 Thank JokerX
Dryden, Ontario, Canada
“Fancy venue very underlit”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

It looks great and some people love it but I found the dining room incredibly dark and cave-like and so claustrophobic that if they hadn't seated us by a lit piece of art work I would have left. The food, for me, was not memorable and it was pricey and quite the wait too. Just not memorable or worth bothering with a second time. Others, as I say, love the place. I guess they consider cave like and dark, intimate?