“Masala has added more cuisine choices.”
Review of Masala Restaurant

Masala Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Dryden
Cuisines: Greek, Indian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant serves East Indian and Greek Cuisine. All authentic homemade dishes. Daily lunch & dinner buffet & menu items.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I'm not a massive fan of spicy foods so when my daughter and I last went I was intrigued to see Thai as well as American, Indian and Greek food choices. Even being timid about the Thai food we ordered some. And the big plus for me is that the owner will spice the food according to your liking. I prefer it "dialed down" and he does it. There's a level of personal service here that just makes the evening for me. I haven't tried the Calamari yet but I will some day and comment on it. And if you're looking for candy bars you haven't seen before check the display by the counter, not to mention the incredibly reasonably priced handmade scarves and bags and jewellery. No middle men between the owner and the manufacturers keeps the costs really low.

2  Thank TinselPixie
There are newer reviews for Masala Restaurant

Reviewed November 4, 2012

A bit on the pricier side for the area, but the buffet has a huge selection of varying dishes. Relatively good, although a lot of the spice profiles were similar. The lamb dish in particular was unusual in its spice (I've eaten a fair bit of indian before, but never had something quite like it)... The naan's texture was a bit off too... But the rest of the dishes were good, and the service was good.

They also have a selection of UK imported sweets for sale, worth a try, but pretty pricey for big brand mainstream sweets (ie. $4 for a chocolate bar)

1  Thank xshmahh
Reviewed September 21, 2012

What a pleasant surprise in Dryden Ontario. We thought we were going to have to have fast food, then we drove past this place. It is modest from the outside and simply decorated on the inside. The menu is ambitious; as my headline references, the menu is multi-cultural. We only had dishes from the Indian section, so I cannot speak of the other cuisines. The food we had was well prepared and seasoned. We enjoyed it very much. My only complaint about the food is that the naan tasted more like pita (perhaps some cross-cultural confusion in the kitchen). I have to compliment the owners who were gracious hosts.

4  Thank greenjulie
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant many times and have ordered food through the restaurant's catering service and it is always consistently excellent, fresh, & tasty. Sarju (owner) is a very talented cook and is ever-willing to accomodate for different taste preferences and dietary needs. Great food and recent update to the menu - Thai food - makes this a must-stop for anyone living in or travelling to Dryden!

2  Thank rkbutton
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Last two times I was there the decorating was spartan to say the least but the Asian and Indian food is superb. I must make an excuse to go back there! They have a fun selection of little known candies at the front and some gorgeous saris and jewellery for sale too. The food is what brings you back, it's just really really good.