Best Western Plus Dryden Hotel & Conference Centre
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This hotel was very comfortable (bed and rooms). The staff were very friendly and it has a resturant attached to it, which makes eating very accomadable especially if you don't have a car. It's also very close to the grocery store and the rooms have a fridge and microwave to heat things up if you wanted a bit of groceries. I was there for 3 nights and enjoyed my stay. I stayed on the first floor and it was steps away from the skywalk for you to get across the highway to access business that are on the other side, great walk.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mike R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dryden Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking to review our property. It is always great to hear when our guests have a great experience at our hotel. Our intent is to meet or exceed our guests needs. I will ensure that our team hears the positive comments. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Thunder Bay
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights with work. They charged $108.00 a night.

I hadn't stayed here for about 10 years. It appears they have updated the rooms recently.
The lobby is spacious and clean. Check-in was fast and efficient. The room was very spacious, and had a rich look/feel to it...the window mounted heater had a digital wall thermostat control. Everything in the bathroom was fine, although engaging the showerhead was a little different than usual (there was an instruction sticker on the bathtub spout). They had a pool and hot tub. I tried the hot tub, and it was clean and toasty. I also tried the exercise room, and it was small with limited choices, but still acceptable. They also have a steam room, but it was under repair when I was there. I ate at the attached restaurant, and it was quite good, although slightly on the pricey side. My only slight complaint at the hotel was the Wifi..in my room (215), it seemed to drop out quite often, so that was a bit frustrating. But other than that, everything was very good, and I will definitely be back to this hotel if staying in Dryden again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to write a review for our hotel. I was very pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be the right choice. We are very proud of our property and what we can offer.
I will be sharing your positive comments with my team. Take care and thank you again for your great review. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Please don't count this hotel out. not as big as large resorts but it has the same great rooms with wifi and not charged a daily resort fee. i would stay here again. My daughter stayed at Harrahs next door and their room was not as nice. Keurigs room are great and bar fridge handy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Whitby, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had the opportunity to stop in Dryden to do my 36 hour reset. I'am a trucker. The motel room was very clean . The staff at the front dek were very friendly and polite. The staff in the restaurant and the bar and grill were awesome. Service was excellent and I was treated great. The food was good and the beer was cold. The other patrons(locals) were also very friendly and I enjoyed a few different conversations. My next trip west if the opportunity arises this would be an excellent place to do my reset again.

Room Tip: I had a second floor near the rear of the motel. Found it very quiet for sleeping.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mike R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dryden Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It was great to hear that we provided you with a great stay during your reset. Our goal is to provide a quality stay with great value to many customer dynamics. Thank you again.
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife, daughter and I checked in to a very friendly, happy and helpful female front desk agent. Our room was close to all amenities which was nice. Restaurant food was great and staff were friendly. Everything was extremely clean and well kept. We visited the pool area and we were blown away. Everything was in fantastic condition and very clean. I will be staying here again and recommend this hotel to everyone I know.

Room Tip: Try to get 2nd floor in the lower 200's. Close to all amenities.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Plus Dryden Hotel and Conference Centre. I was very pleased to here that you and your family enjoyed a quality stay at our hotel. The staff and management are very proud of our hotel and it is always great to hear great comments. We look forward to having your family stay with us again in the future.
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel has the best staff, the cleanest and most comfortable rooms. When I have to travel for work, this is my first choice every time. The staff make an effort to make you feel at home. The food in the restuarant and lounge are delicious also. If you have to stay in Dryden - This is the place to stay. They have also just renovated their pool area which looks fabulous!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed a quality stay at our hotel. Providing a high quality stay with great value is our goal. We are very proud of our new pool area and I am glad it was a highlight during your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I booked the room through a travel site which had given me a second floor room. The front desk immediately saw that we had a truck with equipment and asked if we would rather have a room on the ground floor. They were extremely friendly. I am a bit of a clean freak. The room far exceeded my standard of cleanliness. Really comfy bed, super clean and nicely decorated. I will definitely book with Best Western Plus again! Great place with phenomenal staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. Positive guest experience such as yours are the reason why we do this. I wanted to thank you personally for giving us feedback on your stay. I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.