“Comfortable bed helped my jetlag”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Markham
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Even though this hotel is situated in the GTA, very far from downtown Toronto, it was still an awesome stay. As I entered the hotel and saw the word 'suites', I wondered what it would be like. It's a small hotel but very warm. The swimming pool is small and they have a small gym for people who are only into cardio workout. I didn't think I would sleep because of my jetlag but as I slept on the bed, I immediately fell asleep within 20mins. I haven't had a bed like this for a long time.
The service is excellent and even though they have a small buffet, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a waffle maker.
overall, awesome stay :)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pammy_502

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Debbie, may i have your kind follow up on the below complaint? Please kindly contact me thru email while the full email communication may be provided accordingly for investigation.
Subject: Re: My homewood stay between Dec 20 and Dec 22
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 00:16:28 +0800
To: Leslie-Ann.Jack@hilton.com
CC: Stephen.Borneo@hilton.com

Lesile,
   If your team and you didn't mess up my original booking, Hilton Honours didn't have to do the rectification upon your team's wrong doing. I have checked both my friend and my accounts and the stay credit is still wrong. Have you ever learned what mistakes you had made in the booking and presented a correct understanding to Hilton Honours team on the needed rectification.
The existing scenario is I have one room stay credit for the period between Dec 20 and Dec 23. My original booking is on Dec 20 and Dec 23 while my friend has one booking on Dec 22. A total of three room stays should be credited while two room stays are credited to me and one room stay is credited to my friend.
    Since my check in, your team and you didn't understand this arrangement and grouped/amended the booking in a wrong way. I don't see why I should be responsible in rectifying your team's wrong doing. I have attached the room stay credit information of my account to demonstrate your team's wrong doing. I strongly disagree that your team has no responsibility on correcting that but the customer does instead. Please check on my providing in serious manner and rectify your team's faults asap.

Original Booking (Right Version):

Dec 21 : HH Number : 206977602

Dec 20, 22 : HH Number : 245788199

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kf C
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for two nights for New Year's (we arrived on the 31st and left on the 2nd). I found a sale on the hotel website and we got a great price for our room ($120/night).

The hotel was a bit tricky to find and there is not much of a view around it, but neither of us cared much. There was free parking (above ground), which we both appreciated. The front desk staff was very kind and quick and we were in our room in no time at all. The room was spacious and the bed was sinfully comfortable. The room included a flat screen television (and we were able to use a DVD player from the front desk, at no cost to us, for the duration of our stay)...I also loved the kitchenette, although there isn't much in the kitchen (a few dishes, one knife, a few pieces of cutlery, one pot...very basic) so if you intend to do any cooking I'd suggest bringing some of your own things (which, thankfully, I did!) The room also included a couch so we weren't forced to watch television from the bed. The kitchen and the room were very clean, although I did have some issues with the cleanliness in the bathroom. My boyfriend found some, erm, unpleasant stains on the toilet seat. I also don't *love* the idea of just a shower and no tub...and our shower leaked a bit.

Our room had a door to an adjoining room and it was very thin. We could hear a lot of noise from the occupants next door, as well as noise from the hallway.

There are several grocery stores nearby, which is great for stocking the fridge. The complimentary breakfast wasn't anything special--we ended up just eating our own food in our room.

Unfortunately, the pool was closed for the duration of our stay. There was no explanation for this, and we were disappointed, as we'd both wanted to experience a salt water pool.

Overall, our stay was delightful, with just a few hiccups. I received an email from the hotel asking me to review my stay shortly after we left, and I did inform them of the issue in the bathroom, as well as the pool...their reply was very kind and professional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not an adjoining room. Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Samantha L
Reviewed January 11, 2012

To be truthful I was anticipating the worst, however to my surprise this hotel was clean, welcoming and cheap. Don't get me wrong this isn't going to be for you if you want to be where the action is or if you expecting a view. Nevertheless the rooms are large (with a kitchenette) and functional and could accommodate a family of four, although we splurged and got a second room. So well done homewood suites!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RedSeaNomad
DBrandt, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Markham, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our Hotel.
I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.

Warm Regards

Reviewed December 24, 2011

Clean and friendly, big party room, good sublet space for different activities. Clean bathroom and convenient settings. Kinda hard to find.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Kedeli
DBrandt, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Markham, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Booked just 1 night here in a mini-suite for a social fuction in Markham, but were pleasantly surprised at check-in when we were upgraded to a jacuzzi suite at no extra cost. Check-in was quick, friendly and professional.

The property was bright, clean and modern with ample parking, even if getting to the actual hotel itself is kind of in no-man's land off of Woodbine Ave. & Hwy 407 with not much of note in the immediate vicinity.

The room was big and clean with a full kitchenette (full sized fridge, sink, counter, coffee maker, plates, microwave, toaster, cups & cutlery). There was a full king sized bed with plush, comfy bedding and pillows and a working electric fireplace. There was also a jacuzzi tub in the corner of the room (thus...the "jacuzzi suite"). Sink and mirror off the bedroom with a separate toilet and shower room. Lots of hot water and pressure. Full toiletries provided. There was an actual closet with an iron, ironing board and safe inside. Nice, quiet and well appointed room overall, although the view out of the 2 big windows was of the highway just outside. It was very quiet though and no highway noise could be heard inside the room.

A small, free business centre was just off the main lobby (which was nice) and an indoor pool too and fitness centre. Continental breakfast was included in the room rate but we didn't take advantage of it. All this for about $130CDN/night was a solid value. All told, this hotel offers great amenities for the price paid, even if there isn't any real "character" to be spoken of. It would make a great business or traveller hotel for someone looking for accoms in the Markham area at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spmm

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review of our Hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

The apartments are situated of the highway , not far from costcos . The interior was clean , plesent and the staff very helpfull .
the pool was clean but small .
The room was clean , spacous , comfortable and cleaned well .

The meals were of a decent quality and choice and when asked for a vegeterian option they obliged the next day -

well done

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank yas7919
DBrandt, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Markham, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review of our Hotel. I am very pleased that your room was clean and comfortable and that our staff provided good service.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.