“Love the food! Wont cone again though...”

Bombay Bhel Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bombay Bhel Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 634 Restaurants in Markham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 7 & Leslie
Singapore, Singapore
“Love the food! Wont cone again though...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Lots of dishes and variety to choose from. A bit pricy though. Don't think I'll come again, but the experience was worthwhile.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nice & hot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I was warned that Canadian restaurants served milder Indian dishes than in UK but was pleasantly surprised with Bombay Bhel.
The Hot Appetiser Platter three of us shared was very good and tasty. It came with curried chick peas and a tamarind chutney.
My Chilli Chicken ordered "nice and hot" was exactly that; fresh green chillies enough to break out a bit of a sweat but fine tasting too. A good dish that would compare favourably against any decent Indian restaurant offering from UK.
The portions were very generous and we ordered far more food then we could possibly manage.
After many bland, tasteless and un-spicy Indian meals I have eaten throughout the world outside UK and India itself, this was a very good and unexpected pleasant treat that I can certainly recommend as pretty authentic.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Hogget-Lover
Toronto, Canada
“Can never go wrong, time after time after time after time....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My friends and I go atleast once a month... quality is always good. Staff even remember our orders from last time. Butter Chicken and Chicken Tikka Masala are to dieeeeeee for.

2 Thank Kamal D
Toronto, Canada
“Poor Service - won't be back Aug/13”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have dined at Bombay Bhel for 10+ years and usually I am happy. The last two times, I received very poor service. Let me preface this review by saying I am Indian and a foodie. I eat out at least 4 times a week as my bills can attest. I know and love Indian food.We spent $100 for 3 full courses for 3 people on Sat. August 17, 2013. We were seated but were not informed that the kitchen was closing until the waiter took our order. We gave the full order to the waiter. The staff rushed us through our dinner. They forgot some of our drinks and brought us our desserts before our main courses. Our appetizer dishes were not cleared when the desserts arrived. The second time the desserts were brought to our table the waiter informed us that the kitchen was closing and they could not hold the desserts at the back. We had to remind them twice that one dessert was missing. The two younger male waiters who only work on weekends only seemed interested in leaving the restaurant. The... more »I have dined at Bombay Bhel for 10+ years and usually I am happy. The last two times, I received very poor service. Let me preface this review by saying I am Indian and a foodie. I eat out at least 4 times a week as my bills can attest. I know and love Indian food.We spent $100 for 3 full courses for 3 people on Sat. August 17, 2013. We were seated but were not informed that the kitchen was closing until the waiter took our order. We gave the full order to the waiter. The staff rushed us through our dinner. They forgot some of our drinks and brought us our desserts before our main courses. Our appetizer dishes were not cleared when the desserts arrived. The second time the desserts were brought to our table the waiter informed us that the kitchen was closing and they could not hold the desserts at the back. We had to remind them twice that one dessert was missing. The two younger male waiters who only work on weekends only seemed interested in leaving the restaurant. The older waiter was much more curteous and always is. He brought us takeout containers that could actually hold the amount of left over food. The appetizers were delicious but the royal faluda noodles were way to hard. We were generally ignored until the waiter was waiting for us to process the credit card payment - no surprise. Two consecutive strikes with other Indian restaurants like the Host in walking distance. I will not return. I will be calling the manager to relay my concerns today. My advice to all diners is to make your comments known. There is no excuse for curt service or cold food in a saturated restaurant industry. Advise the staff and then take your business elsewhere if there is no action.

canada
“This place has really gone down. Will not return.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We used to love Bombay Bhel but we hadn't been for quite a while. I don't know what happened or if it changed hands but what a disappointement from a food point of view as well as service.
The butter chicken which used to be the best at Bombay Bhel, was awful: a sweet sticky sauce with only 5-6 pieces of chicken. We ordered vegetable curry that came with paneer eventhough we had specified no paneer. Then came a chicken dish that looked as it had been artificially dyed green for St-Patrick's day. The best part were the appetizer. Their samosas were tasty and not too heavy on the pastry. However, our first choice of appetizer was the pakoras, we were told that they were sold out. How can they be sold out when the restaurant was 2/3 empty.
The service was very slow. The restaurant was only about 1/3 full so I don't know why we had to wait so long. This restaurant used to be always full so maybe the fact that there were so few customers should have alerted us.
We will not be returning. If you're staying in the area, there are lots of good eateries around there so choose something else.

1 Thank claudeCanada