“Good value”

Bombay Bhel Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bombay Bhel Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #294 of 682 Restaurants in Markham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 7 & Leslie
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

So following on from my review of The Host, across the street, the following night I went for Indian again (first time ever I think, certainly since the 80's in Coventry!). I stuck to chicken tikka masala and it was almost as good as The Host. I also had a Keema naan which was excellent. The staff were pretty good. Again, not the cheapest Indian food, but very good quality.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I like the Lamb Palak with a Rickards Red. Good service - not cheap, but reasonably priced for the area.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Groupon had $15 for $30 food credit. There was a 15% gratuity charge for the final bill, buyer beware of this. Got there at 5:30 PM on Sunday, there were 2 or 3 waiters working, but no one was serving us after 10 minutes. Did not ask us for drink or water. That was a bad start! Finally, there was a bartender took our order. Then never saw him to help us again. We ordered 2 items: A. Tandoori lamb chops with naan $17.99 & B. Korma chicken with Tandoori roti. There were several tables had ordered later than us, they were having the food already. While we were waiting with hunger. After 20-30 minutes long wait, my girlfriend spotted a person who seem more in charge, he got our signal. He was a manager. After another 5 minutes, our food had arrived. At least, he had explained to us, the Tandoori lamp chops took more time to cook. The orders' portions were pretty small. Checked out my photos for details. Dollar per dollar, it was small with premium price. There were several waiters working, somehow they did not provide a good service. Only one good thing about this place; the manager was working hard: Cleaning the tables, running front and forth, kept everything in order. Even 50% off from Groupon, it was not a good buy for this place. My final conclusion: Bad service, Small food portion, Expensive Price but A good hard working manager! Saw the Opentable.ca description before: " A 2011 Thornhill Reader's Choice Award-Winner for Best Indian Restaurant in Thornhill". Are you kidding me; It was bad!

1  Thank Loong97
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Servings are small. Pretty disorganized service.
Stuff tastes good. Maybe I was so hungry after such a long wait that anything would taste good.

1  Thank Melopin
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I came here first time based on a word of mouth from a punjabi friend of mine ... And I have been coming back for lunch once a week on average. Very good quality in a market of Indian food mediocrity! Their naan and butter chicken are to die for!

1  Thank BeauMecEdm