“Bridal Shower”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Recently I hosted my daughter's bridal shower at the Old Curiosity Tea shop. We had a private event on Sunday a closed day for the tea shop. They could not have been more co operative.. The venue was quaint and the location was ideal. Enjoyed by all 30 guests. Delightful.

1  Thank Deb R
There are newer reviews for Old Curiosity Tea Shop

Reviewed November 26, 2012

There is a wonderful variety of teas served in fine china at quaint tables surrounded by a collection of teapots and related art. The scones are always delicious. Tea Tasting Night was informative and a lot of fun.

1  Thank Kamal L
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My bf first took me there for our first month anniversary - I felt like one of those barbie dolls having a tea party. It was a lovely little tea shop, very cozy and peaceful. Pretty pricey though but worth it - lots of different teas to choose from.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Old Curiosity Tea Shop is on Main Street Markham. It is charming and quanit. The tea selection is extensive and the savory and sweet menus are decent. A bit pricey for what you get.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had an absolutely wonderful experience here with my friends. It was our first time coming to one of these tea places and we left satisfied and happy. They have choices that are more affordable (ex. a la carte items, tea sets of different prices) and this allows for more flexibility so you can tailor what you order to how hungry you are, how much money you're willing to spend, etc. (ahem, Crown & Crumpet, take note). I believe we had the High Tea for four and this came with bottomless pots of tea for each of us. Their scones are so freaking delicious! I want some right now just thinking about it. Even though I discovered that Earl Grey was not my thing, I still thoroughly enjoyed the other teas at the table.

When we arrived we were met with absolutely excellent service. They were friendly and patient when we had no idea what to order. I loved the interior, even though space was a bit limited. They had shelves full of trinkets, teapots, and things that made it feel very home-y. It was packed the day we went because it was a weekend but we had reservations so no problems there.This is my go-to place when I want to get tea. Great service, great food and tea, cozy environment.

1  Thank pc l