“Slow Service”

JOEY Markville
Ranked #10 of 650 Restaurants in Markham
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The newest addition to JOEY Restaurants, located at Markville Mall in Markham, ON.
Markham, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slow Service”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Let me start off by saying that I don't do reviews, but for this place I'm compiled to do so. My husband and I went there today for an early dinner/late lunch at 3pm, the restaurant was not that busy. Our server came by and introduced herself, handed us the menus, did not offer us a drink to start off.....so we looked at the menu decided what we would like. Meanwhile I believe it was a manager or an assistant manager came by and took our drink order, ok no problem. It took about ten minutes for our drinks to come, but just before we received our drinks our server came over and ask if we would like a drink...da!!!! My husband order the prime rib sandwich with fries, I ordered the calamari and fish tacos, well we received our appetizer in about 15 minutes.Then after that our meals to about 45-60 minutes to arrive. My husbands fries were cold so I told him to tell her, he said forget it. She never came by to see how everything was. Again it took her a while to clear the table and I told her my husbands fries were cold, she apologized and that was it. No manager came over to apologize for the wait or the cold fries. So to sum it up ,calamari prepared from frozen,fish in taco prepared from frozen, and prime rib for sandwich was pre packed.

Save your money and go where the chef's are experienced and cook from fresh not frozen. I guess that's how it is these day's with franchised restaurants.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank markhamgirl44

Toronto
“Love Joey at Don Mills, Eaton Centre ... now this one too!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Big overhead door was up so got a great booth with fresh air ... view of parking lot, but, hey, it's Markham!

Did the Sashimi Tuna Salad that I love ... and loved it again!

She did French Dip Sandwich with skinny fries. And loved it! Done properly rare, of course.

Bottle of red, a nice Australian Cab ...

Great service, timely, attentive.

Decent value though, of course, upscale from the nearby Swiss Chalet and East Side's.

We'll be going back for sure. Been waiting for this to open!

• Visited June 2014
Toronto
“Horrible service”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Went here for a special occasion and found this restaurant extremely disappointing. The decor and patio are very nice but the staff is in dire need of training and perhaps an attitude change. We waited half an hour to order a drink and server was rude throughout the meal because we complained about the service. The food is average at best and overpriced for the quality and flavor. I would highly recommend spending your money somewhere else until this establishment is able to serve people properly.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Maddydilski
Toronto, Canada
“Loved it”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with my niece for her birthday and found the service, food, and setting extremely appealing,

Visited May 2014
Toronto,Canada
“Very good”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I had never been here before and I went for my bday dinner with my aunt and it was a great choice. The food was great, service awesome and nice atmosphere. I would recommend going the fish tacos are amazing. I will be back for sure.