“Great Golf course located in Markham”

Angus Glen Golf Club
Markham, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Golf course located in Markham”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Came here on a work tourney and we had a fantastic time. The course is well kept and we spent a great morning here. My friends and I will continue to golf here. Definitely worth trying if you're in to golf.

Visited June 2013

Whitby, Canada
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Played the South course on September 10th and was very disappointed to find that almost all of the bunkers were unplayable. Some were half full of water and others had very little sand in them. I realize that it had rained heavily on September 8th but I played Watson's Glen in northeast Pickering on the 9th and they were exceptional with little or no sign of rain damage. What is disappointing is Angus Glen charges $180.00 plus tax, $202.00 per person and Watson's Glen is about $90.00 including taxes. I spoke to a member at Angus Glen and he said the bunkers have not been very good this year. If you have not played Angus Glen the $200.00 includes golf, cart and use of the range. You are not given water or any food so you should consider playing Wooden Sticks with similar costs but 2 meals and some refreshments included on the course. Joel Melnick

Visited September 2012
Orlando, FL
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Alltime favorite course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

I am a very avid golfer and live in Orlando where we have great golf courses but nothing compares to Angus Glen South course. This course was impeccably manicured and lush everywhere. What a total treat to golf this amazing course. It's shocking that it is a private course....wow is all I can say and after playing 18 holes I just wanted to play another 18. I will be back!!

Oakville, Ontario
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“All tens to yell fore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was there for a charity golf tournament. Right from the start it went well. As I enter the driveway there was a staff member to great me to direct me to the bag drop. When I pulled up they took my bag out of the back of my vehicle and took it straight to a cart. I was then asked if I wanted valet parking or Self Park, I thought what the heck you guys park it for me. I play what I consider to be a fair amount of golf and have played at many different courses. I get out about three times a week. The grounds crew never stopped all day, they kept the tee boxes, fairways and greens in pristine condition all day. Feel like you belong on tour with the PGA. The grounds are well looked after. At the end of the day we were all summoned to the dining room where I was getting ready for the old rubber chicken dinner but to my surprise we started with great Sushi , then on to Smoked Salmon, then prime rib that was tender and not over cooked. Beautiful day, plus I won a new Driver…great day.

Visited June 2012
BURLINGTON
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Home of the 2002 and 2007 Canadian Open”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

Angus Glen is one of the finest Public Play golf facilities in Ontario, and has hosted two Canadian Opens. I prefer the South Course, which is the orriginal course. This course meanders through trees and homes on the front nine, while the back nine is relatively open, through fields. The North Course is pretty much wide open, almost links style, but made through mounding of the earth. Both courses are great golf tests, cost is a bit high, great clubhouse.

Visited July 2011