“Fresh sushi, great menu, wonderful staff”
Review of Yellowtail Sushi

Yellowtail Sushi
Ranked #155 of 667 Restaurants in Markham
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Was there Friday evening for a family birthday. Made reservations in advance. Very busy which was good to see. Amanda and Anne were FANTASTIC. The food was sooo fresh, the service was excellent. We ordered A LOT and they never forgot a thing. Very attentive, very patient and did I mention the food was very fresh. They had a little birthday song for my sister and it was great. I dont know why the bad reviews. If you go to Yellowtail you will NOT be disappointed. Everything was great. Also, order the Wente wine. Was smooth as silk.

Make your reservations and enjoy your evening!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Co-workers and I enjoyed lunch at Yellowtail Sushi for the first time yesterday. We enjoyed the selection of traditional sushi offerings and hot tempura favourites. Service was good, food prep was quick and the tea was hot. I don't recommend the tempura squid, which was rubbery but the avocado was perfectly green and sashima was generously sliced and delicious. For $20 per person we enjoyed a variety of hand rolls, sushi rolls and appetizers including miso soup and edamame. We will return again.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Consider it is a buffet, the food and price is fair. Sitting is alright. Please note, weekend price charge a few dollar more so eat on weekdays if you have a big party, it adds up.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Just when I thought I've already been to the worst AYCE sushi restaurant ever, I was wrong - I found Yellowtail. It was TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, AWFUL. I can not think of a better word to describe this place. My bf & I was looking for Kaze (the previous AYCE sushi that was there) but it was replaced by Yellowtail.. so we decided okay let's check it out. Big mistake. The place was kinda small for an AYCE but environment&decor was pretty nice. At first we were greeted by a young, friendly waitress who kindly took our order and brought us our food. Started off fine with the eel sushi .. too much rice though but tasted good. Next, the shrimp tempura..not bad - very fresh.
Then comes.... the sashimi, sushi, and the maki rolls.. (dundundun!)

Sashimi : not fresh at all and it was not sliced properly.
Maki rolls : we ordered Hawaii roll (disgusting-salmon was not fresh), Red Dragon roll (even more disgusting - ugh), and finally.. the worst of the worst..the house roll (what on earth is this?! I can't believe I almost puked eating this)
Okay.. fine there was one roll that was alright, the Stanley roll.

Now on to the service.. It was perfectly fine in the beginning when this young lady served us UNTIL this old lady decides to take over and take our order. I wanted the eel sushi and asked for less rice.. she tells me "Oh eel sushi is the most expensive item on our menu..we can only make it smaller." And guess what. It definitely came smaller alright.. not the rice.. the eel...dot dot dot. What a joke. Would it really cost them more to give less rice? Makes no sense to me.

(Remember how I mentioned that the eel sushi had way too much rice? So obviously I bit parts of it off) After awhile she comes up to take our plate..and decides that she should tell us in a rude pretending to be nice way "Oh, you didn't finish all your rice... we charge $1 for leftover rice you know?"
Now.. what kind of customer service is that?
Would I go back? No. Never. Ever.
Looking at the other reviews people gave...I really question which are "real" and which are "fake".

1  Thank TheInseperable
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Took 2 hours to be in and out. Bad service. Waiter purposley avoids eye contact so you dont get to order. We complained. Warm rice under salmon sushi (Which is horrible) Party of 10. Refused to pay the manditory 10% service charge which they agreeed to drop. Owner smiled and said see you next time.

4  Thank iamyzrnu