“very nice room!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Markham
sparkle_gurrl
“very nice room!”
Reviewed July 31, 2009

we have stayed here a few times, and each time we have really enjoyed it. I love having the 2 rooms. it's so nice not to have to sit on the couch to watch tv or eat breakfast. plus, of hubby and I wanted to watch different things on tv, there were the 2 tvs!

the hotel itself was very nice, and the room was very clean, and spacious.

room service was quick, and delicious, and not that unreasonably priced.

the location isn't the greatest since you are in the suburbs, if if you're doing business in that area, then I guess that doesn't matter.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
new york city
Reviewed April 12, 2009

i enjoyed the stay,stayd for two days with family,breakfast, food cooked to order .
clean spacious rooms ,front desk very helpfull with internet problems i had,went out of their way to help,very friendly,from restaurant to front desk.
i would rate this hotel a star 5 hotel.drove to toronto from new york stayd on other hotels'
5 stars this hotel was the best.
it's 15 minutes drive from dontown toronto,local area full of restaurants and malls.
thanks hilton garden inn for a beautifull stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
south san francisco, ca
Reviewed April 10, 2009

my husband and i stayed here a couple of nights for a wedding. i really don't have any complaints. the staff was very friendly and helpful. we had a problem with a flickering light in the bathroom and we called and they fixed it right away. the waitress at the breakfast buffet was super nice and courteous. the front desk answered all my questions without complaint or attitude.

the room was very quiet, away from all the noise. the view wasn't spectacular, but then again, it's in the suburbs. the fitness center and business center were nice. i loved having the free internet access, of course.

i would stay here again, given this great experience we had here.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
North Potomac, MD
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I stayed there with my folks a couple years ago.

Look, it's a nice place and all, but the service was horrible. We got in late that night, had bugs in our room at this hotel. After about a half hour to an hour, they finally got around to taking care of it. After some dilly dallying, they eventually gave us another room.

For health reasons, we made a formal complaint. After pushing us to a new representative each time, we eventually gave up after awhile due to wasting too much time (this process took about a year). This was a serious health hazard and they were very irresponsible in their actions.

• Stayed March 2007
Ontario
Reviewed July 31, 2008

The Hilton Garden Inn is an excellent choice for business or familiy travel. The rooms are clean and the location is walking distance to many great restaurants. William the Bar Tender is one of the most friendly people you will meet. I stay there 2-3 times a month (if it is available ---this area sells out quickly). Debbie and the fella that work mornings in the restaurant go out of their way to make sure your day of off to a good start. For location, value and service - this is a good choice.

Santiago, Chile
Reviewed June 21, 2008

I have been to this hotel on several occasions in the past, always for business. This last time it was a group of us that talked with the hotel to make a group reservation and we got a confirmation for the whole group. When we arrived there, a couple of us did not have a room to stay at... they said we were not included in the reservation. Fortunately, they had a room available for the first night and I had to check every morning whether I could stay that night. I ended up sharing a room with another person in the group for the last night.

My issue with the whole experience is that the hotel staff was not even interested in fixing the situation and helping us out. They just said "I don't know what happened. I don't have a room for you." and besides being sorry about the situation they weren't even willing to look for a room for me in another hotel.

Given this experience, I will prefer to go to another hotel next time.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed June 3, 2008

This is a pretty nice hotel facility - the beds are comfortable, the airconditioning is fairly quiet, the shower is adjustable (though water-saving head does not give much flow). The toiletries are nice (Neutrogena), though the bottles are hard to re-close. The towels are nice and thick. The room has plenty of spare receptacles, and the wireless internet worked well in my room (my colleagues in the other rooms had problems with weak signal strength, but thankfully, there are also wired connections in each room). The pillows are quite comfortable, with each bed having three, one of them down-filled. The sheets are not fitted, and keep untucking from under the bed whenever you pull out the bed cover for the night. It annoys me, but for most people is not really a big problem. The room has two phone lines, and two phones - one corded desk phone, the other one cordless, by the bed. Each phone works with both phone lines - very convenient since I was staying with my wife, and we at times had to have simultaneous conversations going. The room has a little fridge, which may actually be a freezer - we bought some fruits and put them on the bottom shelf, but the next day they were frozen solid. Also, the fridge makes annoying swishing noise, though once I fell asleep, it did not bother me. My colleagues had complained about noise from the neighboring rooms, but our room was fairly quiet.

I would stay here again, if it were not for a few problems during my last stay: The staff is not very friendly at all - you walk past the front desk to get to the elevators, and they would NEVER say hello to you. The in-room coffe makers smell with coffee grime, so if you want tea in the evening, you are out of luck. Also, the cups in the room are regular ceramic cups with paper covers - I prefer disposable cups in sealed bags, which you know are clean, rather than the regular ones, that the housekeepers may be wiping with the same rugs as who knows what (those TV expose's still stick in my memory). The wake-up call did not work very well - I had cancelled the 6:30 calls for the weekend (by talking to the operator), but the phone rang at 6:30 on Saturday anyway - very annoying, but this is not the worst of it. During my stay the fire alarm went off twice in the middle of the night. Both times it was false alarms, but since you don't know that, you have to get out of bed, and go downstairs. I am all for functioning fire alarm systems, but having false alarms twice in a week is too much. To make things worse, the hotel staff standing by the front desk had not offered any apology, or even say Sorry - instead they seemed rather annoyed with the people asking them questions. I would expect better from a hotel sporting Hilton name.

• Liked — good location, comfortable room and bed
  • Disliked — staff, problems with fire alarms, unreliable wakeup call system.
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)