“Clean hotel”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Richmond, BC
“Clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel was quite clean, but the bed mattress was not comfortable, sunken on the side closest to the night table, where most people sleep. Why don't hotels turn the mattresses?! The room also had an air freshener odour which I find unpleasant. I'm a no-fragrance person, but if a room is clean, it shouldn't need air freshener...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel appeared to be very new. The rooms were very clean. The staff was friendly. The price was fantastic and the breakfast was great. This Hotel was close to the Vaughn mills mall and a 30 min drive to downtown. The tv cable was a little fuzzy at times but nothing that would prevent me from returning to this hotel. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ToddN249, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hello and good afternoon.
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review for our hotel.
I want to thank you very much for your kind words about the staff and your compliments about our hotel. We are actually not that new but everyone here takes great pride in keeping the hotel clean. I apologize for the issue with the TV – there was a slight issue with the feed from our cable provider to our TV’s but we have fixed that issue.
We all hope to see you again soon.

Have a great rest of the week
NORTH BAY, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Thank you for an absolutely wonderful stay....everyone was helpful, professional. From the front desk, the lobby, our room, and the restaurant, we were totally impressed. Nothing but EXCELLENCE our entire stay....thank you all so very much. Denyse & Peter Parks

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

The price of the Hilton Garden Inn was cheaper than the other hotels I could find in the area. Upon arrival, I was helped right away and was in my room within minutes. Shortly after dropping my belongings off in the room, I wanted to grab a bite to eat and the guest services representative told me about the in-house options, as well as what was in the general area. This was greatly appreciated. The reason for my trip was that I was writing an important test the next day. I found the bed to be very comfortable and I was able to get an undisturbed sleep in, leaving me feeling very well rested in the morning. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is passing through Thornhill and I would not hesitate to stay there again should I require a hotel in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Easy access from Hwy 407, plenty of parking, and the rooms were very clean. Check in/out was a breeze. Breakfast service could have been better -- it was very busy that morning and the servers had trouble keeping up.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Markham Ontario is situated near the exit of highway 404 and highway 7 which makes it very convenient for business travellers North of Toronto. The rooms are quiet and very clean and the staff very helpful.

Room Tip: room at the west side are quieter, facing a big parking lot
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lawrenceville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Nice hotel, staff was very helpful. The guest dryer wasn't working and they allowed me to dry my clothes in the hotel dryer. The workout room was nice and larger than some hotels. Free parking was an added bonus. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ToddN249, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Good afternoon. I want to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a survey for our hotel. Thank you for your compliments regarding our Hotel and the staff. I am glad that the work-out room was to your liking. Free parking at any hotel almost seems like a luxury these days, but I am happy to say that we never charge for parking. I apologize for the issue with the dryer – we called in the technician for the machine and the issue has been resolved (there was a problem in the coin slots) - I am glad that we were able to assist you though.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon and we all hope you have a great weekend.