“Good value”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Markham
New York, United States
“Good value”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had never been to Toronto before and stayed in this hotel because it was close to family. Overall, good value but if you are interested in seeing downtown Toronto, it's a trek, especially if you don't have a car and use the metro.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding. The room was nice and clean, the hotel was quiet, and the price was great. I think it's a pretty good location for Markham, though I do not know the area that well. But overall great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ToddN249, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Hello Ivayla. Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a survey for our Hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. It is too bad you didn’t have the opportunity to explore some of the area around the hotel - there are quite a few great restaurants with 5 minutes of us. I hope you had a great time at the wedding. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Have a great weekend.

Todd
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Great service, great location and wonderful staff. Located right at the 407 and the 404! The lobby was beautiful. I wish we had time to enjoy the lobby, it would have been a great place to order some food and read a good book. We did not find the beds or pillows comfortable. If that is a make-or-break thing for you, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Pamela. Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a survey for our Hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our location and proximity to the 404, 407 and 401 makes us an ideal choice – you can get to anywhere from our Hotel. I am really happy that you liked our lobby. We just recently completed those enhancements. Bringing people down into this area is the goal and I am glad that you felt that way - maybe your next stay will afford you a bit more time. I am truly sorry that you did not find the beds comfortable. We actually just switched all of our mattresses. Please let me know when you plan on staying with us again as I want to make sure your next stay is a more comfortable one. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Todd
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2013

All was good. Hotel was in tip top shape. Internet was included. Make sure to use your Do Not Disturb sign before you go to bed if you would like to sleep in for the morning. Breakfast was decent but not inclusive. Didn't have an time to use the gym or pool facilities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Overall, this Hilton Garden Inn is just OK.

Sure, the lobby got a grand make-over and I assume the rooms got some sort of updating but they don't look nearly as posh as the lobby.

My room was big enough--very standard American size for a two double bed room. However, there were some issues: the drain plug on the shower wasn't attached, the shower pull sticks (both up and down), the hot water isn't consistent (goes from super hot to warm), and toilet runs off and on.

But the worse part? The worse part was the inconsistent Wifi. Sure, it was free for hotel guests, which gets them a point, but if it drops in the middle of an email I was writing or the middle of a text message I was writing on my phone, you loose that point. I have no idea why it kept dropping me but it did it every day I was at the hotel.

The hotel is close to many corporate offices which is a plus for business and there are some good eating options near by (especially if you have a car).

The hotel offers a hot breakfast each morning for around $18CAD. Not too bad since you get to pick the kind of eggs, toast and waffle/french toast/pancakes. The waitresses are super sweet and will get you a diet coke if you don't drink coffee.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the highway. While the road noise isn't too bad, they are doing co...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ToddN249, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our Hotel. Firstly, thank you for your compliments regarding our lobby. We have just recently finished that project and it is always good to get positive feedback. However, please accept my sincere apologies for your experience with the shower stopper and toilet. I can assure you that I will speak with the Engineering Department and will review our preventative maintenance checklists to avoid and such issues for impacting your stay in the future. In regards to the WIFI no other issues had been reported recently – but please let me know when you plan on staying with us next time as I want to make sure that we do everything we can to make that stay a more productive one for you.
I am glad that enjoyed your breakfast with us. The servers that we have working during breakfast really make that experience much more enjoyable and at $13.95 it is a great deal.
Dublin, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel was very clean, had all ammenities, extremely friendly and helpful staff. It is wide open with plenty of room to meet with friends/business, great restaurant (and servers)! It is in close proximity to many restaurants. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our Hotel. I am of course very happy to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. I am glad that we have exceeded your expectations. Our location is a definite bonus for us. Our proximity to great restaurants, shopping and the 404 (or DVP) makes us the prime choice for the area. The Team Members at this Hotel are the reason why we are successful. They all take great pride in ensuring the complete satisfaction of every guest. Thank you for your comments and compliments. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer.
Morrisburg, Ontario
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here for one night to watch our grandson while our son and daughter in law were at a wedding close by. We had a room with a crib arranged. The crib was totally unsuitable and it took one call to Adam at the front desk and he fixed the situation immediately. The staff seemed more upset about this than we were, We decided to dine in the hotel restaurant later that evening with our grandson ( 6 months old ). The food was really delicious and the service was attentive and friendly. The next day we were checking out and the waiter from the previous evening came over to see us and tell our kids what good baby sitters we were. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our Hotel. Please excuse my tardiness in responding to your post. I am very happy to hear that your stay was a great one. Thank you as well for your comments and compliments for Adam and Sugil (he was the waiter who served you). They are both key parts to the success of this Hotel. I am glad that they were able to make sure stay a comfortable and memorable experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer.