Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham
$101
$90
$84
$79
All reviewsrichmond hillwalking distancefree parkingrooms are cleanfront desk staffstaying at this hotelconvenient locationlots of restaurantsbusiness tripa great place to staybreakfast buffetpool and hot tubexcellent hotelpleasant staywould definitely stay here againeasy accesstoronto markham
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Service during breakfast was excellent. Location is great but they were re-paving the main road at the time of my stay, so traffic was awful. Fitness room is a little small but they have the essentials.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ToddN249, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor for our Hotel.
I am glad that our Breakfast exceeded your expectations. I do apologize if you found our Fitness Room a little small but I am happy that we were able to satisfy your needs with the equipment we have. We are currently looking at upgrading some of our machines in the fitness room so hopefully when you return next you will see a change. I am also happy to tell you that the major part of the construction on Highway 7 outside our Hotel has been completed. While the City is still completing some sections of this new bus lane we do not foresee any more inconveniences along our side.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Garden Inns wherever you go belong to the just good enough category.... And I do not say this as a bad thing... When you book a Garden Inn. You are not seeking 5star accommodations... Well this is a good business hotel, staff is super friendly... All the hong kongnese girls at the cafeteria and front desk were professional and delightful... The common areas of the hotel are well above average...... But upon entry in our rooms we were greeted by these invasive strong cheap odor... You know the one that comes out of aroma sprays that instead of have a nice essence they are typically used to hide other odors...... What's strong and highly annoying experience..... Thinking back to our checking in...the gracious gentleman at the front desk made a call to someone, know I think it was housekeeping.... My guess is that someone rushed to turn on the AC and quickly spray that heinous aroma in the room.... Let's just say. We had 2 rooms. Both same situation. We both left the doors open for over 45 mins... We are. Not sure if the smell dissipated, or we just got used to it...... Now... The rooms are big and comfy... Nice queen bed great mattress and decent bedding.... The room had a sofa and a working desk. The wifi was above hotel standards... Fairly fast even handled some Skype video conf, I was impressed. Bathrooms are quite nice as well. Very clean fairly updated and just above standard toiletries . The towels. Well. Let me remind you this is no 5 star... Well on the towel realm this is a low 3 star... I had three body towels. Which kind of made up for their size and quality... They were rather narrow... Would go around me no problem but on my waist it looked like a mini skirt. So I had to use the three towels... After every shower.... Maybe also due to the fact that they were rather thin or worn out...... Now beware... If you are one of those that require a top of the line shower in the morning...... Take note that the hotel (in what I assume was a "green" and savings effort) has put funky shower heads that look like they will provide spa type water dispersions of choice just by moving it a bit... Well. This device works ok if you don't mind a very poor stream of water.... Yes my friends if you use showers to wake up , this won't do it.. And if you plan on lathering your whole body with plenty soap as I do... Be ready to spend extra time due to the slow rinsing of the truly poor stream of water... Which is wisely disguised with enough noise as it comes from the shower head contraption ...... All in all this is a true business hotel that for an extra $13. Will give you a nice breakfast..... And it should fulfill most business travelers expectations... Just make sure to ask upon checking and for room service to keep the ambiance spray away from your room... This is no joke...

Room Tip: Please make sure when checking in to tell the person that when they call to have the room ready. Do Not Have Ambiance Sprayed on your room at any time during your stay
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hotel was clean and nicely finished. The staff were helpful but not very professional. The young bartender was talkative but when not attending to me or the other two patrons, he attended to some personal business on the phone that seemed in appropriate. Myself and the others could clearly hear every word he said and one of the other fellows sitting there actually got up and left. The included breakfast was good-enough for a free meal, but more like a greasy-spoon than a Hilton Hotel restaurant. The server was polite and quick to attend to my needs, but again, she was reminiscent of staff at a greasy spoon. For a two night business say, I was satisfied with the hotel, but wouldn't go back with my family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

HGI Markham is a nice hotel and the staff here are friendly. They made my stay pleasant. The hotel has a very good public transportation as well with a Viva bus stop just beside it. The complimentary internet access and microwave makes you feel more comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ToddN249, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hello and good morning.
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a survey about your recent stay with us. Our proximity to public transportation makes it very easy for all of our guests to get around the area or if they want to go into downtown Toronto. The complimentary Wifi (throughout the Hotel) is a definite bonus. I am glad the microwave enhanced your stay – I hope you also had the opportunity to use the refrigerator. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Todd

Reviewed May 25, 2013

When construction finally finishes on Hwy 7 I expect this hotel will be booked solid all year round. It offers well appointed but not luxurious rooms, exceptional service and value for a modest price. Nice fitness facility for those wish to partake. Restaurant and bar on site if you don't want to fight traffic.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ToddN249, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to compose a review for our Hotel. Like you, we are also waiting for the construction to finish. I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience our fitness facility. We also have a Salt Water pool and I hope you had the chance to experience this. If not then maybe an item for your next visit.

Thank you for staying wioth us and we hope to see you again soon.

Todd