“nice and clean”

Courtyard Toronto Markham
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is close to 404 and 7 north of the city. great location although there is a lot of road construction going on . The hotel is fresh and has a great lobby the check in was swift and the staff was very friendly.they have wifi everywhere. There is a pool and a hot tub both very nice.They also have a lil gym that is 24 hr.parking is free which makes a nice change. l had a tub room nice and big for 2 lots of hot water was worth the extra.There is a bistro style cafe in the lobby for light snacks and some dinner options it kind of a order at the counter and they bring it to you service was a lil slow think they could have gave the cook a server to help.Food was ok but many other name places within 5 mins of the hotel.Shopping malls and movies are close.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

noneck-11,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you liked our hotel as well as our friendly and helpful staff. We hope you'll continue to make us your choice hotel for the Toronto area, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

In Toronto for a few days for work. Hotel is WEST of the airport in an industrial area of town. Freeway's under heavy heavy construction around airport and city. Best option is to obtain rental car provided GPS to help you navigate through the detours (and there will be plenty!). Hotel sits near freeway so good quick location. Now for the hotel. Standard Marriott Courtyard but with FANTASTIC beds. Pillow tops best I have slept on. Hotel floors in halls could use new carpet but the bar and amenities in lobby are good. Great business stay hotel. Remember, get your GPS to help you navigate this very difficult city to get around in.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be a bit more quite
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

JayJay1011,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Toronto Markham. We're glad you chose to stay with us and liked our hotel. It's great to hear we have the best beds you've ever slept on too! Your recommendations for other viewers will be very helpful with regards to using a GPS. We appreciate your compliments and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

After a long 5 hour flight to Toronto and then a 40 minute drive to hotel, we got to the lobby and no one was at the desk. The assistant was over at the Bistro buying food, which wasnt a major problem to me. We checked in and headed up the elevator. I might add the lobby is very modern and I love the decor. The carpet on the second floor smelled a little foul, i guess like any hotel does. We enter the room and it was very spacious and we were very satisfied with the size. The downside was the smoke alarm kept beeping intermittently for the first night. We didnt know what it was so left it alone. The Air conditioning/heat was taking no settnings that we input and was working on a mind of its own. The second night, the smoke detector got worst and i called the front desk. A gentleman came up and said he was going to change the battery. He then proceeded to take the chair we had for sitting on in our room, and laid a towel out and stood on it to change the battery in the smoke detector. Now I believe this is totally unacceptable as a maintenance man should walk with a ladder. I then asked him to look at the Air Conditioning control and the gentleman proceeded to go to the Unit. He as a maintenance man should know that the Temperature is controlled by a control on the wall by the bathroom and not the unit itself as the knobs are broken off. I then realized he did not know what he was doing and didnt want him to screw it up, so I asked him to leave.
This i would say was my worst experience of the trip. Who would want a maintenance man standing on a chair I sit on in his shoes, even if he laid down a towel or not. UNACCEPTABLE

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Shaun S,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you enjoyed our hotel. I have read your comments in their entirety and assure you we will discuss them in our next staff meeting. I apologize for any inconvenience your maintenance issues may have caused during your stay. We would love to have you stay with us again as we ensure a more positive visit.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The lobby is nicely appointed and check in was fast & friendly. The room and hotel itself was quiet and relaxing. Upon my return in the afternoon, there was a strong cigarette smell in the room. Upon leaving shortly thereafter for dinner, I notified the front desk staff on the way out. They acted concerned and immediately checked the surrounding area. I did not hear anything further, but when I returned later, the smell was gone. There are several restaurants a couple of blocks away if you don’t mind a short walk, but in the cold it would be too far. I would return, however, there are several hotels in the vicinity and this one would be my second choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank patsgo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

patsgo,
Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your business, and we're glad you chose to stay with us at Courtyard. I'm glad to hear you had a quiet and relaxing stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience the cigarette smell caused, and I'm glad our staff was able to take care of it. We would love to have you return as our guest again the next time you visit Markham.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We arrived here at 10 PM. No one was in the lobby so check-in was a breeze. The lobby is very clean and modern. Unfortunately, the front desk agent (Michelle) wasn't too welcoming. We informed her that we booked through Priceline and added the second night for the same rate. She just asked for my ID, credit card, and if 2 cards are okay. She didn't bother to greet us or ask what kind of room we want. Anyways, when she was about to hand us the card, I asked if there's still any room with balcony and there wasn't.

So, here we are at #231. We have a beautiful view of our car in the parking lot. It's the room in the corner, away from the elevator. Very peaceful except for the loud AC (even when it's not in fan-mode). First impression of the room, it's clean and comfy. Bed is good, comforter is very thin but there's lots of pillows! The bedsheets are really soft but you can tell one is whiter than the other. Mirror and sink are outside the bathroom with only one bar of soap (the other one is facial soap). When you're taking shower, you're using the soap in the bathroom. The next time you'll wash your hands, you have to go inside and bring the soap outside. I suggest Marriott to provide two bars of soap.

The layout of the room is a bit awkward. For people who wants to just relax and watch the TV, it might be uncomfortable. The TV is positioned to the right of the bed and yes you can still see it from the sofa bed on an angle. Bed itself is facing the window.

Furniture is good, lamps are working, and the double curtains are great. We can rest at daytime with no sunlight. However, as noted before, we told the front desk agent that we added a second day on our stay. We're about to rest and housekeeping knocked the door. We didn't answer and Marriott still call us to come down anytime and change our card. The front desk agent (a guy- didn't get his name) was very polite and apologetic, though.

Overall, good location and clean hotel. Free parking, wi-fi, and a mini fridge are always a plus. Too bad about the staff and the awkward room layout.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nyugat
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Nyugat,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Markham. We're pleased you chose to stay with us and liked our hotel. I apologize for the lack of a welcoming arrival experience. I can assure you this is quite uncommon. I will make special note of your comments and review them with our Front Desk Staff. We value your business and hope you will come and stay with us again as we ensure a more positive visit.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The front desk lady was helpful but seemed a little rushed......the room was well appointed and the bathroom seemed a little small (I had a corner room). Lobby seemed modern and had a small Starbucks bistro. 10 minute walk to get to the restaurants across highway 7.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Samarth J
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Mj_dalive1,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. I’m glad you liked our clean and comfortable rooms as well as our modern lobby and bistro. We welcome you to come and stay with us again soon.

Regards,
David Hopper, General Manager

Reviewed September 17, 2012

For a quick 3-night business stay, the Marriott Courtyard Markham was comfy, roomy and pleasant. They had a nice selection of breakfast and evening foods, and a decent lobby-market for non-alcoholic drinks and such.

The room was pleasant and comfortable. Beds were good, with a nice selection of pillows.

Noise was low, plenty of business travelers as this hotel is in the middle of a commercial park area.

I'd recommend it to anyone travelling to Markham on business.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Heff3y,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We love to hear from our business travelers, especially when they report of their pleasant stay with clean and comfortable rooms. We’re glad you chose to stay with us at Courtyard and hope you will visit us again soon.

Respectfully,