“A good stay”

Courtyard Toronto Markham
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

This was a lesiure stay and a nice overnight stay the room and bed were quite comfy. However the bathtub needs a bit renovation but still ok. Overall a good quiet stay I would go again. It's in a good location and the lobby has a good renovation.

• Stayed: September 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Naddy016,

We are pleased to read your review and learn that you had a pleasant stay with us at Courtyard. I’m glad you chose to stay with us and we welcome you to visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a family function this weekend. It is well located, right near where we had to be for our weekend activities, The hotel is clean and updated - the beds were very comfortable too. The only down side was the smell of cigarette smoke that we smelled when we entered the room and the smell that woke me up in the morning, They say that they are a non-smoking hotel, but apparently they do not enforce the rule.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

jodi a,

Thank you for staying with us at Courtyard and writing a review on TripAdvisor. We’re glad you chose to stay with us and found our location to be perfect for your family gatherings. I’m pleased you were comfortable here as well. While we do maintain a no smoking policy throughout our hotel, on rare occasions certain guests will choose to ignore the policy. If we are made aware of where the smoking is taking place we will immediately address the situation with the guests involved. I apologize for the inconvenience that was caused as a result of someone breaking this policy while you were staying with us. We wish you and your family safe travels and hope we will get the pleasure of having you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel appears new spacious and very clean. They gave me an upgrade which was a bonus. The staff are very nice, adding to an all round good experience. The hotel is well situated for the local business parks. There are some good restaurants near by.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Traveller_PD,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We’re very pleased to serve business guests like you and provide a comfortable, friendly atmosphere for our weary travelers. We hope you will visit us again the next time you visit Toronto.

Regards,

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My son and I stayed here for three nights over the August long weekend. I'm a fan of Marriott so it came as no surprise that this was a very good hotel. The staff were just excellent. Our twin room was huge. The hotel is very conveniently located. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank peversFJR
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

peversFJR,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor. I’m glad you and your son had a pleasant stay with us and found our staff to be exceptional. We greatly appreciate your high recommendation of our hotel for other TripAdvisor viewers who may be planning to travel to our area. We invite you to come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

On a return trip to Toronto, business associates had chosen this as our rendezvous point. It is a ways from the airport and there is no shuttle service, but since my associates provided the transportation to and from the airport, it worked out well. The property was very nice, the staff friendly and overall it was a nice experience. The food service had a very fast-food feel to it. Order at the counter from a limited menu on a wall display and they deliver okay food at not a great bargain. The biggest drawback is that they don't start very early, so if you have a ways to drive, it might not work out at all.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

David H,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor. We’re happy to have had you stay with us during your recent business trip to Toronto. I’m pleased to hear you liked our hotel and found our staff to be friendly. I appreciate your comment about opening our breakfast service earlier and will look into this possibility. We hope you will come and stay us again.

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I contacted the hotel a couple days before my stay and requested and upgrade. They were kind enough to honor my request. When I arrived they actually had read my sprofile before my stay (which isn't always the case). I got to my room and I had a high floor and extra towels as my profile states. Besides my platinum arrival gift of points I also had agree bottle of water and snack in my room.

The item was very clean and quiet and the saff was polite. I enjoyed my stay.

The only negative might be he price but for Canada it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: August 2012

Jfgunn,

Thank you, Platinum Member, for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words and compliments about our exceptional service. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

A nice notel in NE Toronto in the Richmond Hill and Markham areas. Hotel features free parking and free wifi everywhere.

Rooms are nice with standard amenities.

Lots of restaurants in the neighborhood.

Recommend.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Markham, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

scrutineer44,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing about us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us at Courtyard, as well as an enjoyable time in Richmond Hill. Thank you for recommending us to future travelers. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.