“Well priced hotel for business trips”

Courtyard Toronto Markham
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Auckland, New Zealand
“Well priced hotel for business trips”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Spent a couple of nights here when working in the MArkham area and found it more convivial than the larger chain hotels near by. Welcoming foyer, open bar area with wifi and plenty of relaxing seating.

Room was standard business affair with large bed, desk, TV and en suite. Very functional and nothing more.

Breakfast offering in downstairs cafe area was a good mix of healthy continental-style as well as more traditional North American fare.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the glare of carpark lighting
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2011

For a short stay in Markham, my wife and I found a good deal in the courtyard marriott.

We only stayed for one night but it was a comfortable and nice stay. In its price range and target market this was definitely one of the better hotels we stayed at.

The hotel lobby was nicer than expected. Large and new. The hotel has a large parking lot with free parking.

Our room was nice. Quite large and well furnished with flatscreen TV, large cupboards and a large comfortable bed. The washroom was also quite big and clean.

Overall impression of the hotel was clean, modern and new.

Staff was friendly throughout our stay and even managed to give us a checkin dezpite our very early arrival (7am) which was great after a long flight.

So all in all, we were very satisfied and for the Markham - Richmond Hill area we would certainly stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2011
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Markham, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Limshang,

Thank you for your review and recommendation! I was happy to see that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased my team was able to accommodate your early arrival. We look forward to see you again when you are in the Markham area.

Best regards,
David Hopper, General Manager
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Welcoming warmth from their friendly checkin staff to the recently updated lobby & breakfast area ! Nice, clean rooms, even if you are not on the executive floor :).

Breakfast selection is a la carte, but limited and they are more than willing to accomodate your specific needs/ variations. Walking distance to some nice Richmond Hill restaurants.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed here at the end of June 2011. The room is a typical Marriott Courtyard. Room is large with two queen in the room with desk, sofa chair, and flat screen tv. Sink is located outside of bathroom and has a slightly dated look to it.

Breakfast was offered for $12.95 for buffet breakfast, continental breakfast for $9.95 in the lobby. Free coffee is available in the lobby. Coffee maker and the fixings are also in your room. Small fridge is also convenient in the room.

The beds were comfortable and the cleaning service was good. Newspaper is delivered tot he door each morning.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank spunkymo
Orangeville Ontario CANADA
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Our room was amazing! Clean, sizable, and great king bed!
Having to pay 12.99 for a breakfast that was buffet style wouldn't be a problem...IF it was a GOOD breakfast! Cardboard Eggs,cold bacon and sausage....butter wasnt even near the toaster so when u found it to put it on your toast it wasnt even warm?
DONT PAY FOR THE BREAKFAST!!! Go to Burger King around the corner...at least its a warm brekky!!!

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank mekewpieis
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We booked this property on priceline.com for dirt cheap (50$ a night). Had I known, I wouldn't have stayed here for free. I usually get decent to good properties when using priceline, but I guess even a good tree has rotten apples.
Hotel smells musty and the renovations are a major issue. Loud noise, strange restaurant and unpleasant staff. Bathroom was dirty with hair around the sink, bed sheets were almost see-through and the carpet in the room should have been burned a long time ago. My wife left the property with strange bites on her leg, which we eventually found out were bed bugs. Mentionned it to the staff, I was told clients from Africa who stayed at the hotel last week were to blame for the bed bugs!!! How unprofessional... I thought I was daydreaming. I asked to be moved in another room, I was told the hotel was full (parking lot had half a dozen cars in it).
Anyways, left with a very sour taste in my mouth. Going to Florida next month and will avoid any Marriott property (even though it's not fair to the Marriott brand as I have stayed in some of their nice properties)
If you land here, GOOD LUCK!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank C00ltraveller
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I hate it when a hotel is under renovation and their webpage doesn't tell you about it before you book. My company's headquarters are in Toronto, so I'm there often, and usually for a week at a time. This Courtyard is the closest Marriott property to the office, so thought I'd try it out.
First, most of the lobby is closed off for major renovation. That includes the dining room. All the signs promising a new lobby (WITH STARBUCKS!) get irritating, especially when you're trying to find the meeting room they've repurposed into a dining room.
The rooms are dated, with old linens and old-fashioned air conditioners that don't have a thermostat - just dials with "low fan", "high fan", "low A/C", etc.
Let's hope they do the rooms after they get the lobby finished.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank abgwin
KellyAnn88, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Markham, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Dear Abgwin,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the current renovations during your stay. I truly regret that we fell short of meeting the high standards we strive to achieve. Please know that our renovations to the dining area will be complete in July. Positive and negative feedback keeps us accountable and working to be the best and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with Courtyard in the future.

Best regards,