“Nice location”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Irving, Texas
“Nice location”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks in Spring 2013. Hotel is a bit old when compared to other residence inn's. Staff is friendly. 1 BR suite was small when compared to other hotel suites.

Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Imtiaz A,
Thank you writing a review about your stay with us at Residence Inn Markham. I’m glad you had a pleasant stay and found our staff friendly during your visit. We value your feedback and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Anita Shu, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for three weeks. Rooms are very spacious with a comfortable king size bed. Located off the road in a calm place, opposite to courtyard. Staff were helpful, food was average.
The Times square and many more restaurants are just 10 to 15 minutes walk from here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LakshmanaPrakash
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
LakshmanaPrakash,
We’re happy to hear from you, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Residence Inn Toronto Markham. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our helpful staff, convenient location, as well as our spacious and comfortable accommodations. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Rutherglen, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have made this my standard place of residence when I travel to Toronto or any place within the metropolis.

The rooms are big, I love the fact that a full kitchenette is incluced in many of the rooms, some just may not have an oven, albeit aside from that, not much required to eat, aside from your groceries. Having said that, the breakfast buffet is awesome, and from Monday to Wednesdays, in the evening, small snacks are provided, just recently including wine. Some nights it may be enough for your dinner.

The beds are very confortable and rooms always cleaned properly. I usually stay in the studio or one bedroom. One bedroom comes in handy when you bring your family as each room is equipped with a TV.

The staff have been very consistent over the years and of course I have my favourites. These individuals go over and beyond what I would expect to receive. This last stay, I was recovering from a procedure and Sandra (front desk) made a gracious point to bring me some breakfast. I was delighted to see such a kind gesture, as I had made no request prior. There is David, whom I understand is now gone, Marie whom cleans the rooms I am usually in, and Heidi in the office. The cook staff are great as well, if you need something extra, or even if they are not open they certainly will accomodate you. My favourite is the cookies in the evening. mmmm.

Aone limo service is awesome, again a company that goes over and beyond just pick up and drop off. Kudos there as well.

The only problem I have had really are the keys demagnetizing, but just a buzz away are the staff who will come to your assistance.

There is nothing too small or too big that staff will not do to accomodate you on your home away from home.

Thank you all, for making my stay the best each time. grateful and heartfelt I am.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
maverick2mr,
It’s great to hear from you! Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Residence Inn Markham. We appreciate your review and kind comments about our spacious, clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as our friendly staff. I’ll be certain to recognize Sandra, Marie, and Heidi receive a special commendation for their hospitality and excellence in service. Please continue to make Residence Inn Markham your home away from home when traveling to Toronto. Thank you again for writing.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while working in Toronto. Staff was super friendly on check in and explained the property as I had never stayed here before.

Rooms are very large with full kitchenette which was great since I was able to bring food in for easy preparation. Bed was typical comfortabe marriott bed and bathroom was a good size.

Breakfast was served in the mornings and the staff once again were fantastic and friendly. Was always addressed by last name when dealing with the front desk with any questions.

For families they have a sport court for basketball and such and a patio area with a barbecue as well as an indoor pool.

Close to several restaurants and the 404 for getting around the city. Very good property and wouldd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Stinger55,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Residence Inn Toronto Markham while on business, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. It’s great to hear you liked our spacious rooms and comfortable beds, and found our staff friendly and accommodating during your visit. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I just wanted to say that David Tam who works for Anita went out of his way to make my stay at the Residence Inn in Markham, Ontario extra special. He came to help me with an issue with my room and then the next evening went out of his way to make sure I was satisfied with the outcome of the issue. When I came into the hotel the next evening after I had the problem, he greated me by name and he made me a cup of tea and walked me up to my room to make sure the issue was resolved!! He is an extra special employee and a great asset to the Marriott hotel chain. I have stayed all over the world in all kinds of hotels and B&Bs and this stay stands out as one of my best because of David Tam!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank N M
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
N M,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Residence Inn Toronto Markham. It’s wonderful to receive your kind comments about David Tam and his excellence in service. I’ll be sure to recognize David with a special commendation for his outstanding hospitality and making your stay one of the best you’ve experienced. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you will visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Perfectly clean rooms. Professional and helpful staff. Pool clean. Perfect for our family of five. Would highly recommend this place if you like to have a kitchen or separate sleeping are (living room) from children.

• Stayed April 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Bdve,
Thank you for your review on your experience with us at Residence Inn. It's great to know that you and your family enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms, as well as our helpful staff. We appreciate your recommendations of our great hotel to future travelers, and we hope you’ll plan to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here for a 2weeks. The experience was really good. The staff was very helpful and friendly especially sandra and nader. The cooks at the breakfast were really cheerful and nice.

The beds were comfortable and clean. The room was well maintained. Lots of soaps and towels. I like the Inn as opposed to a hotel, because you dont feel "boxed up".

I like the kitchen because i am vegetarian and i could have cooked my own meals. Also there was vegetarian options for the breakfast and evening social.

I will definetely stay at this hotel next time I am in Markham.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Veggiecindy84
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Veggiecindy84,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at the Residence Inn. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your 2 week stay with us. I’m happy you found the rooms clean and comfortable, and our friendly staff helpful during your visit. I will be sure to recognize Sandra and Nader with a special commendation for their excellence in service. Thank you again for writing. We look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in Markham.