“Clean, comfortable, and friendly.”

Residence Inn Toronto Markham
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Monroe, Michigan
“Clean, comfortable, and friendly.”
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

We used this hotel because of location and price, and were not disappointed. The included breakfast was standard issue, nothing exciting, but good, the biscuits surprisingly so. The only real negative to the area was construction on Highway 7. I found the room to be quite clean and quiet, the landscaping was pleasant, and the staff friendly and helpful, but not intimately knowledgable of the area. Mass transit is excellent in the GTA, so getting anywhere from Vaughan to Downtown Toronto was quite easy. Excellent restaurants and food stores nearby for your kitchenette.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Alan48161,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.
Yours truly,
David Hopper, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2012

If you enjoy staying in clean hotels with friendly staff, stay away from this place. The room looked like it had been glanced over by the housekeeping staff - dirty glasses on the table, and the bathroom was filthy. It also smelled heavily of smoke, even though this is supposedly a smoke free hotel. When we complained to the GM he actually rolled his eyes. Will definitely never return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Raime B
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Dear Raime B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our hotel, I regret that you did not have a good experience with us and sincerely apologize for all of the above. Our housekeeping team is also receiving a refresher on our high Marriott standards and will be held accountable to them by me personally. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences and again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share yours.

Sincerely yours,
UK
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I first stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn about 10 years ago in Florida. I remembered it to be everything that I ever wanted for a long term accommodation. It's got mini kitchen, the room was clean and nicely decorated, it has a pool and a gym and the staffs were very helpful. I particularly liked the grocery service. The breakfast was very nice too. 10 years after, I went back to Residence Inn, this time at Markham, Ontario and all the good memories came flashing back, and I was just too happy to find out that everything that I expected for Residence Inn was there, even the waffle maker at the breakfast room. The service was still excellent, especially at the breakfast room. The staffs were very helpful, and always one step ahead in providing their guests needs. Highly recommended/

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank meol
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for your review and recommendation Meol! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments. I will be sure to pass along your review to my team. Thanks again!

Yours truly,
David Hopper
Toronto
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed here on new years eve. Online booking .. no problem very good location and the price was right.
Room was spacious, clean, bright and the full kitchen was great. This would be an excellent place for an extended stay or business travel. I traverl quite and will definately look for a Residence Inn in future trips. The breakfast ( included) was very good. (bacon, eggs, waffles, fresh juices and fruit, cereal, etc.
Overall, we were very happy.
Indoor pool a little small but gym was OK.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thanks so very much SHEAMUSToronto for writing a review and your recommendation! I am pleased you and your family enjoyed staying with us. We take a lot of care into our breakfast selection and I am glad you found it enjoyable. We look forward to see you again when you are in the area!

Thanks again,
Milton, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding that my husband and I went to in September. When we first walked in, the lobbly looked so amazing! So posh and modern looking. They had small booths and tables around for guest to use. A few internet computers which I saw a few kids were taking advantage of. And even a small little kitchenette with snacks and drinks for guests to buy, and a microwave to use.

Our room was spacious and clean, absolutely no complaints about that.

However I do have one complaint. On the Saturday of the wedding I was waiting in the lobby for my ride to the wedding (my husband was part of the bridal party so he left in the limo), and decided to get myself a coffee for the starbucks coffee bar. It didn't look open but I had seen someone behind the counter, so I waited for them to get back. After a few minutes I walked to the front desk (within sight) and asked the lady there if it was open. She said yes and that if I go back and wait someone should come out from the back. After about 5 more minutes I was about to ask again but she was gone from the front desk. No one was around. So I peeked in the back kitchen and immediately a person with a manager badge on asked me sternly "what are you doing, this is for employees only". I swear I still had my two feet on the outside of the doorway. I explained that I was told someone would come out soon to serve me. He said that he could.

I then sat there are the bar waiting for him to find the drink mix instructions, find the correct cup size, ingredients. It was a mess. I'm glad he helped me, but it was the worst drink made, incorrectly at that, and he made me pay full price!

Silly complaint I know, but if your coffee bar is open, have someone standing there!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dhamblin,

Thank you for your candid review of your stay. I am pleased that you found your room to be enjoyable. However, I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced at the coffee bar . Please know that we value and take all feedback very seriously as it helps us reach our goal of delivering exceptional service. Thanks again for your review.

David Hopper
Repentigny, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I've stayed there for 2 days and in general, it was OK. I've got a studio type room, with a living area and a small kitchen. The location is great, near access roads, and plenty of restaurant to choose from at a walking distance. The free breakfast as limited choice but overall is OK. Therefore, the elevators needs an overhaul, they are smelly, carpet floor looks old and very damaged.
I recommend this hotel if you stay there for some days since having a fully equiped kitchen could be a good alternative to restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view because mine had a brick wall view, about 2 meters from my room window
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
MichelF007,

Thank you for your review. I am glad our location met your needs. The issues you mentioned regarding the elevator and carpeting I will discuss with maintenance. We appreciate all of your feedback and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!

Best regards,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is a great choice for a business trip. You are close to the major highways, there is a nice choice of restaurants nearby, the rooms are spacious and clean and you get a free breakfast.
When choosing this hotel, I know exactly what to expect and I haven't been disappointed for the last 5 years I have used this hotel. The rooms are clean, the internet works well, the staff is accomodating and you can park your car for free too.
Breakfast is complimentary, they change the menu slightly every day and you can enjoy a quick breakfast in the morning within 30 minutes.
Great quality-price hotel !

Room Tip: I personnally prefer a room on the highest floor possible and far from the elevators to have a quiet...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business