I had to stay at this hotel in October 2013 for a period of two weeks. This hotel was very busy during my stay, and I feel the staff did a really good job with keeping everyone satisfied. The staff member that stood out the most to me is the woman that works the breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Every morning when I walked in she would greet me and was very friendly. The only complaints I have are:
1. The room I was in (standard king) was very small. There was a little table and chairs crammed in along one side of the bed which I never used. After two weeks of living in such tight quarters I was happy to leave!
2. The business center has two computers. There are no instructions on how to log on or what password to use, which made me go back to the front desk and wait 15 minutes to ask due to someone checking in, and there only being one staff on at the time. When I was logged on and needed to print some things out for my training the next day, the printer was out of paper. So back to the front desk and this time only a 10 minutes wait. I was provided with a small stack of paper to finally print out what I needed. I then went to print again and low and behold there is no toner in the printer. I tried using the other printer only to have this occur again. The printers are of poor quality to begin with, which surprised me as this hotel seems to have frequent business guests. I feel this is something the hotel needs to look into if they are going to advertise that they have a business centre. (no I did not end up being able to print anything).
If I returned to Markham and had a choice of hotel to stay at I would not pick the Monte Carlo. This has nothing to do with the staff or location. I would just prefer a standard size hotel room over the small one I was crammed into for two weeks. If you're only staying for a short period of time this hotel is more then sufficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand new Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham™ is located at the corner of Warden and Denison in the heart of the commercial and residential region of Markham/Toronto North and only minutes from the 407, 401, and 404 highways. This Florentine inspired hotel and conference facility features: A large lobby and reception area, Extensive meeting space and an extravagant ballroom for your next social event gathering. Whether you are planning a long-term business stay in one of our business class suites or a romantic getaway in one of our luxurious Jacuzzi suites, you will find that at the Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham the quality, value and versatility of our product will exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham Ontario