“My stay was alright”

Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had to stay at this hotel in October 2013 for a period of two weeks. This hotel was very busy during my stay, and I feel the staff did a really good job with keeping everyone satisfied. The staff member that stood out the most to me is the woman that works the breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Every morning when I walked in she would greet me and was very friendly. The only complaints I have are:

1. The room I was in (standard king) was very small. There was a little table and chairs crammed in along one side of the bed which I never used. After two weeks of living in such tight quarters I was happy to leave!

2. The business center has two computers. There are no instructions on how to log on or what password to use, which made me go back to the front desk and wait 15 minutes to ask due to someone checking in, and there only being one staff on at the time. When I was logged on and needed to print some things out for my training the next day, the printer was out of paper. So back to the front desk and this time only a 10 minutes wait. I was provided with a small stack of paper to finally print out what I needed. I then went to print again and low and behold there is no toner in the printer. I tried using the other printer only to have this occur again. The printers are of poor quality to begin with, which surprised me as this hotel seems to have frequent business guests. I feel this is something the hotel needs to look into if they are going to advertise that they have a business centre. (no I did not end up being able to print anything).

If I returned to Markham and had a choice of hotel to stay at I would not pick the Monte Carlo. This has nothing to do with the staff or location. I would just prefer a standard size hotel room over the small one I was crammed into for two weeks. If you're only staying for a short period of time this hotel is more then sufficient.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean just very small.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_Montecarlo, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear K8T2309,
We would like to thank you for drawing these issues to our attention. Client feedback is very important to us as it assists us in monitoring our service quality. It also allows us to make adjustments where necessary to provide our guests with the most positive experience.

We would also like to assure you that we try our best to make our guests feel comfortable during their stay. We truly apologize for the room not being a perfect fit for you. In future if you can afford us an opportunity to stay with us again and notify our staff about your need to have a more spacious room we will be more than happy to accommodate you. We also have a Diamond Rewards loyalty program that you can sign up for in order to enjoy countless exclusive stay benefits like complimentary upgrades, early check-in, late check-out etc.

As for our business center, we have looked into your concerns and have made necessary adjustments to ensure that printing does not cause any inconvenience to our future guests.

We apologize that your first experience with Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We would also like to thank you for acknowledging the hard work put in by our staff as this serves as a motivation for us to continue providing our guests with great experiences.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at this location last weekend. The room was very clean and quiet. The front desk personnel is very polite and helpful. We have nothing bad to say. We will definitely return to this hotel on our next trip to Toronto.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel 6-7 times in the past 3 months or so and I've always been impressed with how friendly the staff are, how clean the hotel is and the value for your money. The continental breakfast is very good and if you want to upgrade the full breakfasts are very good too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I only got to spend a short time at the hotel since flight was in late and traffic terrible trying to get there. It seemed well kept with a good breakfast included in our fee. Rooms were clean and modern. Well located for our meeting in Markham.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at this location last week. I was cranky and I just wanted to go home. The front desk staff were super helpful. They really turned around my day around. Knowledgeable too. They were kind and efficient with my check in. The room was clean and I really enjoyed the amenities. Overall it was an excellent stay. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been commuting for work and stay over one or two nights a week. Each visit has been comfortable and friendly service from all the staff was consistent. I can easily recommend this hotel as a clean and comfortable facility

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jandjtourists
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed one night as part of a Jaunt package, which included one night in this hotel together with tickets to Toronto Zoo. We stayed the night of Labour Day and the hotel was very quiet that night. The small pool looked very inviting with nobody in it. If only I had taken my swim things with me! We had a pleasant room. We liked the decor of the hotel. I had an excellent cocktail in the bar. The breakfast was adequate, but average. The parking was free. The location is well out of Toronto, but useful if you have a car and are going to travel on the HWY.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends