“Only stopped in for short business visit”

Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I only got to spend a short time at the hotel since flight was in late and traffic terrible trying to get there. It seemed well kept with a good breakfast included in our fee. Rooms were clean and modern. Well located for our meeting in Markham.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at this location last week. I was cranky and I just wanted to go home. The front desk staff were super helpful. They really turned around my day around. Knowledgeable too. They were kind and efficient with my check in. The room was clean and I really enjoyed the amenities. Overall it was an excellent stay. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been commuting for work and stay over one or two nights a week. Each visit has been comfortable and friendly service from all the staff was consistent. I can easily recommend this hotel as a clean and comfortable facility

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jandjtourists
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed one night as part of a Jaunt package, which included one night in this hotel together with tickets to Toronto Zoo. We stayed the night of Labour Day and the hotel was very quiet that night. The small pool looked very inviting with nobody in it. If only I had taken my swim things with me! We had a pleasant room. We liked the decor of the hotel. I had an excellent cocktail in the bar. The breakfast was adequate, but average. The parking was free. The location is well out of Toronto, but useful if you have a car and are going to travel on the HWY.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed at many hotels in and around Toronto and this one offers the best value and service. Free parking , good restaurant . Clean modern hotel. Normally very quiet but offers good access to 407 and 401. Make sure you ask for Mae when checking in as she is awesome , always a smile and goes out of her way to make sure your stay is perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Martin R
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at the Monte Carlo on Warden Ave for 6 weeks, 5 days a week, the staff were amazing. Specially Mae and Maryanne, they remember my name every week and check in is a breeze with them behind front desk, very friendly and warm hearted. It's nice to be greeted by such great staff after being on the road for hours. I stayed in a new room almost every week with every room being excellently cleaned. The food at their restaurant was delicious and cooked perfectly, highly recommend the deluxe burger. The hotels location was perfect for me who doesn't have a car, my trade school is a five minute walk and the viva bus transit has a stop right in front of the hotel, which will take you directly to the Markville Mall, very convenient. I highly recommend staying at this branch of the Monte Carlo Inn & Suites, I know I'll be back next year of trade school.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Josh M
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was looking forward to my stay here, as this hotel had good ratings. However, My disappointment started upon arrival. First of all, I was told when I booked the room over the phone, that the suite had a separate door to the bedroom, as we have two young children and the separate door helps them sleep better. When we checked in I realized the room they gave us did NOT have a separate door to the bedroom, and I was told that only one room in the whole place had that. So I asked to be moved to that room, and they insisted on charging me for the upgrade (about $20-$30 dollars) even though it was their mistake. There was one manager who was trying to be sympathetic to our situation, but if he really wanted to have good customer service, he would not have charged me for an upgrade at all. I was too weary to fight it, but figured it would be worth it to have a really nice suite. Well the suite was TINY! It was very nice but TINY, which is useless with two little ones. It ended up being a horrible night, as we were cramped and the kids would not sleep. The breakfast was also disappointing in selection and quality and we didn't even use the pool as it was little, and crowded. The decor in the hotel has some nice features, but our experience was very poor and we will not go back, especially with young children. The impression I get from the managers is that they are 'cheap' and don't understand that doing certain things to help customer satisfaction will help them have return customers and spread word of mouth to new customers. Exactly what these reviews do too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family