“A Pleasant Stay”

Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is fairly new. Check in took less than a minute. Room was clean and welcoming. We had a tough time adjusting the thermostat for the AC. Room was a bit warm but when i informed the front desk about it, they were apologetic and promised to take necessary steps to fix it. Breakfast at the restaurant was excellent. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is justifiably ranked as first in the area on TA. That certainly accords with our experience there. It's very reasonably priced - for $129 we got a room with two double beds, free wifi, free parking, use of the saltwater pool, a continental breakfast, a discount voucher for the in-house resto, use of the 24 hour gym, and two adult tickets to the zoo! You can also get discounted child tickets from them. Plus, the tickets allow you to beat the line at the zoo.

The rooms include a fridge, a safe (albeit inconveniently located), a flat-screen television, a microwave and a coffee maker plus sufficient bedding for the permanently cold (why don't all hotels provide duvets?). The toiletries were fine, nothing special. You can put your own food and drinks in the fridge (no sensors to register phantom charges). Our friends upgraded to the suite for $30/night. Everyone received the rooms that they had booked, with the correct bed configurations.

Fantastic front-desk service. Nabil could not have been more welcoming or more polite. Such a nice introduction to the hotel. I needed a device charger - no problem (thanks, Jane!). We asked to get a room near to our traveling companions - no problem. Asked for a dinner recommendation - no problem.

We loved everything about this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went there with my friends, I enjoyed every moment of my stay. The staffs are helpful and nice, they talk and have fun with you, I had a talk with the manager Nabil and he was amazing, his last customer was complaining alot and he was still nice and talked to me like I was his friend. Same goes for marie-anne ( I think her name is written like this), she is pretty and she was really nice and helped alot, I even took a picture with her. I haven't been to alot of hotel, but I'm pretty sure that this is the best hotel for that price I've been so far.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We used this hotel for the deal of 1 night and adult zoo tickets. Hotel was wonderful , you could tell they pour their money into the lobby, rooms were great , bed too firm for me. Staff at the front desk were Fab. The cleaning staff Fab. Breakfast, not kid friendly and for most adults I prefer not to have a sugar rush for breakfast. I am not one for danishes and pastries for the first meal of the day and neither is my daughter. Only 1 toaster oven for what over 500 guests . They did offer cereal. Breakfast area was very small. My daughter usually wakes up hungry, I prefer a coffee and a shower. Hubby decided to go down just to get her a small bowl of cereal and us a couple of coffee's to hold her until we were ready to eat. Well forget that one, My husband was greeted by KESHA. Wait greeted is a nice word and she was not. She was rude to him and told him he could not have anything as we all had to be there with our breakfast coupon. So needles to say I had a bird bath and our friends and I went to breakfast. We had the hubby's stand in line while we had to go to the front desk to get the coupons. We go back to the line up and as we walked up to our husbands KESHA was rude and told me I was not allowed to go to the front of the line as there was a line up. I said to her, ahh this is my daughter and husband and they were standing in the until we got our coupon, when my girlfriend heard her talk to me the way she did, she walked back into the lobby until we got a table as she could not believe the way this women spoke to us. So heads up for families with small children. Bring the little boxes of cereal and milk with you unless you plan on eating as soon as you get up. Also get to breakfast before 8:30 or plan on waiting at least half hour to 45 minutes in line.

Room Tip: 1st floor so your closer for breakfast.. Most part rooms are quiet
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here recently for 3 nights. The quality of fittings and amenities in the room are second to none and the facitlities of the hotel is great. Above all however was the exceptional level of service we ecountered from every member of staff. Their willingness to assist wherever possible made a discernible difference to our stay. In particular the front desk staff (Mahdy). He is very professional and attentive. He took the time to show us the different type of rooms with positive attitude. Finally we decided to stay in beautiful Alexandra room. Mahdy helped us to get situated, including upgrading my room, getting me set up with internet access, restaurant recommendations. He is really an asset.

I Would strongly recommend you stay here on any visit to Markham.

Room Tip: Great Hotel!!!!!
2  Thank Sara T
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a wedding party of 140 guests and the Hotel where fab in accommodating us and our family. Sabrina and her team did a fantastic job. The staffs at the hotel are pleasant and friendly, always attentive to your needs. The Hotel itself is well managed, clean and rooms spacious with all the necessities you need for a stay. The suites are great!! Dining facilities were great too and a massive Thanks to the chef for doing our Sunday buffet of Pizzas of our choice! The hotel has great banquet rooms and meeting rooms and excellent spa and pool facilities. The hotel is located a good prime location in Markham. Overall friendly hotel staff and management and we felt very safe in this hotel. I would highly recommend a stay in Monte Carlo Inns Downtown a thoroughly enjoyable five star facilities at an affordable rate! Big thanks to everyone for all the help and support during our four nights of mayhem! Thank you from the Patel Family!

Room Tip: Suites or the double rooms are fab!!!
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stay in Markham few days per month for business. Recently, I booked a room for 4 nights at this location as my regular place was sold out. Nabil and Wessal received me that night and made me feel home. I enjoyed the place so much in general that I decided to switch for these guys. The restaurant is great; food & service are impeccable. The rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean. Thanks to Nabil and his colleague, will see you again soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business