“Hotel was Great !! Just beware at Breakfast time”

Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Minden
“Hotel was Great !! Just beware at Breakfast time”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We used this hotel for the deal of 1 night and adult zoo tickets. Hotel was wonderful , you could tell they pour their money into the lobby, rooms were great , bed too firm for me. Staff at the front desk were Fab. The cleaning staff Fab. Breakfast, not kid friendly and for most adults I prefer not to have a sugar rush for breakfast. I am not one for danishes and pastries for the first meal of the day and neither is my daughter. Only 1 toaster oven for what over 500 guests . They did offer cereal. Breakfast area was very small. My daughter usually wakes up hungry, I prefer a coffee and a shower. Hubby decided to go down just to get her a small bowl of cereal and us a couple of coffee's to hold her until we were ready to eat. Well forget that one, My husband was greeted by KESHA. Wait greeted is a nice word and she was not. She was rude to him and told him he could not have anything as we all had to be there with our breakfast coupon. So needles to say I had a bird bath and our friends and I went to breakfast. We had the hubby's stand in line while we had to go to the front desk to get the coupons. We go back to the line up and as we walked up to our husbands KESHA was rude and told me I was not allowed to go to the front of the line as there was a line up. I said to her, ahh this is my daughter and husband and they were standing in the until we got our coupon, when my girlfriend heard her talk to me the way she did, she walked back into the lobby until we got a table as she could not believe the way this women spoke to us. So heads up for families with small children. Bring the little boxes of cereal and milk with you unless you plan on eating as soon as you get up. Also get to breakfast before 8:30 or plan on waiting at least half hour to 45 minutes in line.

Room Tip: 1st floor so your closer for breakfast.. Most part rooms are quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here recently for 3 nights. The quality of fittings and amenities in the room are second to none and the facitlities of the hotel is great. Above all however was the exceptional level of service we ecountered from every member of staff. Their willingness to assist wherever possible made a discernible difference to our stay. In particular the front desk staff (Mahdy). He is very professional and attentive. He took the time to show us the different type of rooms with positive attitude. Finally we decided to stay in beautiful Alexandra room. Mahdy helped us to get situated, including upgrading my room, getting me set up with internet access, restaurant recommendations. He is really an asset.

I Would strongly recommend you stay here on any visit to Markham.

Room Tip: Great Hotel!!!!!
2 Thank Sara T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a wedding party of 140 guests and the Hotel where fab in accommodating us and our family. Sabrina and her team did a fantastic job. The staffs at the hotel are pleasant and friendly, always attentive to your needs. The Hotel itself is well managed, clean and rooms spacious with all the necessities you need for a stay. The suites are great!! Dining facilities were great too and a massive Thanks to the chef for doing our Sunday buffet of Pizzas of our choice! The hotel has great banquet rooms and meeting rooms and excellent spa and pool facilities. The hotel is located a good prime location in Markham. Overall friendly hotel staff and management and we felt very safe in this hotel. I would highly recommend a stay in Monte Carlo Inns Downtown a thoroughly enjoyable five star facilities at an affordable rate! Big thanks to everyone for all the help and support during our four nights of mayhem! Thank you from the Patel Family!

Room Tip: Suites or the double rooms are fab!!!
Levis, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stay in Markham few days per month for business. Recently, I booked a room for 4 nights at this location as my regular place was sold out. Nabil and Wessal received me that night and made me feel home. I enjoyed the place so much in general that I decided to switch for these guys. The restaurant is great; food & service are impeccable. The rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean. Thanks to Nabil and his colleague, will see you again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Québec
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had a great clean room and had a good night of sleep at this hotel. Good location near Wonderland and the Toronto zoo. Nice pool. The breakfast was fair and the price is good for what you have. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had a 6-day stay during May 2013 for a business trip. The room was clean and to my surprise, there is a microwave oven in my room. Complementary breakfast was included (a variety of bread, dannish, fruit, cerrios, free flow of coffee, tea and juice) but it is worth to try the CAD$3 update for a warm full breakfast.

Room Tip: There is no self-served laundry in the hotel and they charge quite a fair bit for clothes cleaning...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is not my first time staying at this hotel, but I came back again because I enjoyed my last stay very much. I wanted to stay at the same suite I was in last year (the exact same suite, same room number and everything). I had my fingers crossed as I approached the front desk. The gentleman that serviced me (Nabil) was VERY helpful. He took me up to the suite so I can take a look and to make sure it was the suite that I wanted. He nailed it, and booked the room for me. The hotel is brand new and very clean, but the service I had received from Nabil that day made the experience so much more comfortable and enjoyable.
Thanks Monte Carlo and Nabil!!!!!!!.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple