“Got what I needed and more.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham

Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Thornhill, Canada
“Got what I needed and more.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is not my first time staying at this hotel, but I came back again because I enjoyed my last stay very much. I wanted to stay at the same suite I was in last year (the exact same suite, same room number and everything). I had my fingers crossed as I approached the front desk. The gentleman that serviced me (Nabil) was VERY helpful. He took me up to the suite so I can take a look and to make sure it was the suite that I wanted. He nailed it, and booked the room for me. The hotel is brand new and very clean, but the service I had received from Nabil that day made the experience so much more comfortable and enjoyable.
Thanks Monte Carlo and Nabil!!!!!!!.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank k t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as part of the toronto zoo deal, Had a great stay! Very friendly staff, beautiful room! Stayed here with my husband and 18 month old son and staff was very helpful to bring up a crib for him to sleep him , he loved the pool! good breakfast, overall great hotel, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

As stated in the title, this hotel is highly recommended. Nice location, very clean, comfortable room, air conditioner, excellent breakfast and the staff were very friendly, specially Nabil, the Manager, who was very helpful and professional.

Room Tip: Book in advance.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Orangeburg, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We choose his hotel after careful research. We stayed on July 12 to July 15. This is a very nice hotel and convenient to our friend's house.

Our room was on the 4th floor away from the elevator, ice maker and vending machine. The hallway was hot but our room was clean and cool. We had to ask for extra towels from housekeeping. There were 4 guests and only 2 sets of towels. The bathroom door made such a loud noise when opening and closing the door. We didn't bother calling to get it fixed. Usually, hotels have a card/booklet with listings of the tv channels. We also couldn't find it in the room. My 7 year old daughter had a difficult time getting out of the bath tub - it seems that height was a tad higher compared to a regular tub.

On our first morning at the hotel, we went to to have breakfast downstairs. It's just your typical continental breakfast - bread, pastries, coffee, teas, juices and fresh fruits. They do have a menu that you can order from but no one mentioned it to us. The staff was too busy organizing the food.

My kids were excited to try the pool, buy it was closed on Sunday for maintenance and opened Monday afternoon.

Overall, I was happy to stay in this hotel and would do it again.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one away from the elevator, ice maker & vending machines.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I must say this hotel looks a lot nicer in person than in pictures.
It's got one of the best hotel lobbies for a 3 star hotels even better than alot of 4 stars hotel I have been to.
The feeling when you walk into this hotel is that it is spotless, tasteful, tranquil and well managed.
The lobby and a peak at their restaurant looks very inviting and relaxing.

Every where in this hotel including the hallway leading to my room is just super super clean and pleasant. That's how a hotel should be. Usually I am not fond of hotels that still has very dated furnishings as they always give me a dingy to dirty impression. They are usually dark and not very pleasant. this hotel however, although still has a older style looks bright nice and clean and still charming! Even though it is not modern it beats a lot of other hotels.

The rooms are very clean comfortable as well. I would pay just a little more attention to the shower as there is a strange smell Once inside the tub.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Momofuku
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Customer Service,

I just wanted to let your office know how disappointed we are for the service and quality of our stay.
First, we tried to book a 2 queen bed regular rooms, and it was booked. So the front desk person told us that she can book us the suite. She gave me LESS THAN $20 discount on each room for having 3 rooms booked for 2 days. I was glad. But when we checked in the 2 suites were SO TINY!!! It does not even look like a queen bed. Very tiny bath, very tiny living room. And the third room was a bit spacious, but there is not even a bath tub!!! It's for disability. THE FRONT DESK SHOULD HAVE LET ME KNOW ABOUT THESE SITUATIONS!!! I was devastated since this is for my wedding and my relatives came a long way. And, when I checked the pull out bed from the sofa (room 301 very tiny room), there were blood stains on the sheets... IT'S GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DON'T CHECK AND CLEAN EVERYTHING!!!!! And they just said sorry, bring new sheets and lets us clean the mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$129/room/night is DEFINITELY NOT WORTH IT FOR THESE THINGS.

NOT IN THE LETTER (CANNOT FIT ON SPACE):
THE 2 SUITES IS A SIZE OF A REGULAR ROOM, where the living room is squeezed in!!!!!!!! (room 301 and 501).
they gave free breakfast vouchers to compensate, and breakfast is not even good.... grrrrrhhhhh.. :'(

NOW I EMAILED THEM, LET'S SEE HOW THEY WILL RESPOND!!!!
(Sorry for grammar, etc; just really upset)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lyn888888
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel has handled our families' and our friends' stay so smoothly.
We had a wedding and some guests were coming from out of town.
They have not only given us a great value but also clean and welcoming rooms.
They have also helped us with shuttle service for guests from out of town whom would not have otherwise been able to go from hotel to ceremony location to reception with ease.
Monte Carlo's manager, Frances Sugay, has been very helpful in our wedding planning in this respect. A key contact for us for sure! THANK YOU MONTE CARLO!

Room Tip: love junior suite!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family