“Great Hotel for Great Value”

Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was quit impressed when I first stepped into the foyer. Very very nice. Staff is very nice. They have a salt water pool. Room was very nice with king size bed. It also had a microwave, coffee maker and small refridgerator. Price was really good. We stayed over as we had a wedding and we live out of town. it was nice just to relax before the wedding and not to have to drive home. It was a mini vacation. Would love to stay there again. Small continental breakfast but you can order off the menu if you like. Free Parking and I did use the WiFi. That was a nice feature.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JEAN N

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Clean is the most important thing I looked when choosing hotel and this is excellent. It is also in very new condition. We love the refreshment station. We booked on Booking.com and The price is good so we love it. We travel a lot and we can say this is the best choice in Markham. We rather rent a car and stay here than any of the over price and aged hotels in downtown. There are lots of restaurant, grocery, mall etc around here too but you can take a bus then transfer to a subway to get downtown.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank 13wins
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just came back from a two nights stay there. The location is great if you're a Chinese like me wanting to shop and dine in the nearby Chinese shopping centre. The building is new and definitely showed in the hallway carpet. Free parking is a plus. But I have 4 guests registered in the room and only have two sets of everything. I called the first day for the additional two sets thinking they will automatically refill the same amount for the next day. But not, i have to call again. However, we were impressed with their friendly staffs especially the front desk receptionist, REX. He checked us in and was ended up to be the one to deliver our extra sets of towels. He ran into my husband (happened to be getting ice) in the hallway and he was able to call him by his last name (good memory). We had cocktails in the bar and the bartender, Anthony, was very friendly and professional. The cocktails were mixed nicely. The complimentary breakfast was not much to mention. We didn't even take advantage of them due to lack of selection (don't even have hot tea). The pool is rather small and shallow. The standard room is nothing fancy. Not sure if it's because of the yellow color theme, we still feel the hotel room is old and dingy. The bathroom is very small and there is no counter space at all to even put a small amenities bag without getting wet or risking it dropping into the toilet. The towels are rather thin and cheap. So the overall experience was not impressive and don't agree it being #1, we had a better experience with the nearby Hilton. We go Markham often and we think we would rather stay in Hilton although it cost a bit more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank oiman728
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The service and hospitality at the Monte Carlo Inn & Suites was amazing. Being a tourist, they really made me feel welcomed. The rooms are extremely clean and spacious. The restaurant food and service was great. Overall if you have a chance to stay here, you should do it because it of their affordable prices and wonderful staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bill1010
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife, myself and our son stayed for three nights in March 2013 as we had come from UK to attend my nephew's wedding and reception.

The room was spacious , with two double beds and other amenities. The buffet-breakfast was on the house, with toast, cereals, fruits, yogurt and fruit juices. Optional Menu breakfast was offered for a few dollars, though we did not take the offer as the buffet was good enough.

In the night, it was a bit warm and I could not turn down the thermostat setting - the control would not change from its fixed temperature of 75 degree fahrenheit! That was the only negative thing I have about the room.May be I should have sought the help of the janitor.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the "Monte Carlo Inn''.

S.Sasitharan, 35 Colney Heath Lane, St Albans Albans, AL4 UK

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SivagnanamS
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We got a group rate for this hotel because our wedding was in the area. The rates were quite good for the quality of rooms. The manager was quite flexible with our arrangements.
The rooms were nice, all of our family liked the hotel. The staff at the front desk were courteous and quick to help.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My fiance and I like to stay at this hotel to "get away" every now and then. We usually stay in the Sunset Suite however this time we decided to try out the Riviera Suite. WOW were we impressed!

The room is a great size. It has a couch, with a tv that you also view from the jacuzzi. It also has another tv on top of the fireplace, in front of the bed. The main focus in this room however, is the glass shower and jacuzzi.

If you want to have a romantic escape with your significant other, this is the hotel to be at! I have stayed at many Monte Carlo locations, and have been in many suites. If you're looking for an ULTIMATE romantic night, try the Romeo & Juliet suite. After staying in the Riviera suite, my fiance and I have decided that this is where we will be staying on our wedding night. And if you ask, they'll give you a late check out at 12pm!

This hotel also provides a free breakfast buffet with fruit, cereal, cookies, butter tarts, toast, bagels, and croissants. For a free breakfast, you cant go wrong! I thought it was worth waking up early for, but Im no picky eater.

The customer service at this hotel is top notch. Absolutely NOTHING to complain about. This hotel also offers a pool, free parking, and banquet facilities.

Another stay, another happy and satisfied guest. I wish this chain had locations across the US. I would choose Monte Carlo over other name brand hotels any day of the week. This hotel is definitely worth the extra money. I would also drive the extra distance if this hotel was in the vacinity of where Im visiting.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple