“A nice little restaurant, spoiled by so-so service...”

Little Bangkok Thai
Ranked #43 of 677 Restaurants in Markham
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and I went to Little Bangkok on spec this evening. We haven't been there for over a year, but previous visits were remembered for good food, nice surroundings and fair prices. What we'd forgotten was the poor service.

It's not that the service is lacking, it's more about the cold, unwelcoming and offhand way that the staff treat customers. Things like banging our appetizers down on the table and leaving them on the edge, rather than in front of us! Our impression was that the server did not realize that it is common practice to place the plate of food actually in front of the diner, not just dump it on the table and have the customer pick it up and put it in front of them! I guess we're not used to such low quality service when we go out for dinner in a 'proper' restaurant.

It's a shame, because we really enjoyed our meals and felt that it was good value. But the customer service experience left us questioning whether it would really be worth going there again. Maybe we'll try sushi next time...the Japanese are courteous people based on my experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

These are the categories of food that this restaurant serves:Appetizers , Thai Salads Soups, Thai Curries Stir-fried Dishes Barbecue Vegetable Dishes Fish and Seafood Noodle Dishes Rice Dishes andsalads. Two of my favourite salads are Fresh Apple Salad -Yum-Apple @ $ 7.99 which has Sliced fresh green apple garnished with crushed peanut, sweet peppers and cashew nuts, flavored with freshly squeezed lime juice and the Mango Salad - Yum-Ma-Muang @$ 7.99 which is made of Sliced fresh green mango garnished with chicken meat, crushed peanut, cashew nuts, red onion, coriander and cucumber, flavored with freshly squeezed lime juice.227 Main Street Markham North, Markham, ON Canada
Tel - (905)471-8818. They also have convenient take out. They have a second restaurant in Keswick
443 The Queensway South, Keswick, ON Canada
Tel - (905)989-8000

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been to this place many times and over the last 2 instances I can say it was a bad experience both times. One time I noticed a big black hair in my food and since I have light hair I knew it was certainly not mine.. That of course grossed me out. Next time we went back they forgot one order and after 35 minutes we realized something was wrong when everyone around us that came in after us were being served their meals. We asked the server where that meal was and he said there was a mistake and they forget to make it. So that being said as they rushed around trying to bring the meal out, it was a quarter of the size. I assume they took someone else's meal. I was really upset at this point and realized I would never come back here. I was certain that the meal out of common courtesy and common sense would not be charged and was extremely upset & annoyed when they had in fact billed us for this meal. I questioned how they could do that when it was their mistake & especially being billed for the full order! The owner came running out in a drama mode and started asking if we are good people & how could we expect a free meal who did we think we are! I answered shocked at this point "Are you serious? You forget our meal we get a pint sized order you still billed us full price when you never should have billed us at all for that meal". He said dont ever come back. Wow. such horrible customer service. I suggest learning some skills in in customer service thats for sure. The food is great when there are no hairs in it and when they remember to make it but I would never go back there and I would never recommend this place to anyone. Great way to lose customers. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone...

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Love their appetizer plater, curry and COCONUT rice. Delicious! Slightly pricey but nothing compare to Linda's located at Shops at Don Mills which is pricey and so not worth it.

Great service

1  Thank tee1987
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We found this restaurant through reviews from TA and Urban Spoon and really enjoyed our dinner. It has been such a long time since I've had good Thai food that I think I almost forgot what it's supposed to taste like. We had the shrimp and chicken satay apps, mango salad, pad thai, green vegetables, beef curry and coconut rice. For the 5 of us, our stomachs were content. The dishes were small, however, they were all very tasty. The shrimp satay were nicely caramelized. The pad thai did not have the overpowering ketchupy taste and the coconut rice was heavenly! The staff seemed very busy and it was a bit difficult at times to flag one of them down. Look forward to trying this place again!

2  Thank crazy_cat_sab