“Great beds - nice stay for 1 or 2 nights”

Edward Hotel Markham
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Ottawa, Canada
“Great beds - nice stay for 1 or 2 nights”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed one night. We did not spend much time at the hotel except to sleep. The beds were very good. The front desk staff was very pleasant at all times. I spoke to one of the maid services staff who was also very nice and helpful.
The bathroom was small.
Overall very good hotel. Family with girls aged 12 & 15. We would stay here again for a 1 or 2 night visit.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lourdes S, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your comments. We are delighted to know that you find our beds very good, the Front Desk and Housekeeping staff very pleasant and helpful. We will make sure that they are recognized and thanked in your behalf. We hope we will get more opportunities to welcome you and your family back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Usually I dont give review, this is the first time I write review because this is very unacceptable. My girlfriend and I went to Tivoli Garden Restaurant the restaurant in the hotel to have a quick dinner because we both too lazy to other place. my girlfriend ordered short rib pappardelle and I ordered bison and prosciutto meatloaf. After 15 min the server told us my girlfriend short rib pappardelle is not available therefore she need to choose another dish but girlfriend ordered caesar salad. When the food arrived my meatloaf is salty like salt so I asked the server regarding because there is impossible for to me that. I paid 24 to eat food but not salt. The server told me to change to NY strip and took me 10 to 15 min however my NY strip took 30 min to arrive even my girlfriend finish her salad. I though the Chief need to go to farm and butcher the meat. After 30 min, hope is taste good however my streak is completely well done and i requested medium and I think the chief has an issue in the tastebud my streak is over seasoned. It is very worst dinning experience in my life.

The positive thing to room is good condition and comfortable.

Buttom line the room is great but the food is crap

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andy W
Lourdes S, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Our sincerest apologies for the wait time and the food quality you have experienced during your meal. Both our Restaurant Manager and the Executive Chef are working together to address your specific concerns and progressively work to exceed your expectations. If there is anything we can do for you when we welcome you back, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel couple of time already. The room is so spacey and they even have a dressing room area next to the bathroom. The staffs are very helpful and nice. The hotel is close to highway and restaurants. I loved staying in this hotel. One thing I need to mention is their housekeeper team are very helpful as I forgot to pack some of my belonging home. When I called them up, the housekeeper team tracked it down and sent them back to me. Other than that, these is a great hotel to stay in Markham area especially if you like chinese foods. The hotel is close to couple of chinese mall with good food.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences during your recent stay. I am glad that the team provided you with the service that Delta is known for. I will make sure that our Executive Housekeeper is aware of how you were assisted in "tracking down" what you need to make your stay a comfortable one. I hope we get to welcome you back in the near future.
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Another great conference at this hotel, food was great and all staff that i encountered very helpful and courteous. My company books here every year and we have always had amazing experience.

keep up the great job!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank playhockey1973
Lourdes S, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words and it will certainly be relayed to the team. We hope that you will consider us for your leisure and "down time" in the near future.
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I came here for a conference. The hotel was spotless and well decorated. The chairs provided for conference were extremely comfortable. Only issue I had was the women's public wash room is falling apart. I felt uncomfortable using the washing as the doors are falling apart. The hand sanitizer in the washroom did not smell like alcohol which made me feel very dirty after using it. I would love to get a room here one night!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us your comment when you were with us for a conference. I will make sure that the Housekeeping and the Banquet Departments are thanked for their exceptional service. We are surprised about the hand sanitizer since these are checked more than during the day, especially when events are going on. We will also make sure that our ownership is aware of your comment about the washrooms. Our Maintenance Department is on top of things in order for our guests to be comfortable when using it. We hope that you will stay with us outside your professional requirements in the near future.
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night only. The front desk staff was lovely and they had a little loot bag for our 10 month old son, which he loved.

The room was clean, but tired and in need of an overhaul to match the modern and chic looking lobby.

Very close to lots of restaurants and easy access to the 404.

The pool was small but not busy and we enjoyed it as well as the whirlpool.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time telling us your experiences during your brief and recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are also happy that your son relished the small treat we gave him at check in. We are relaying your comment about the "overhaul" of guestrooms to the ownership. However, we're very grateful you have pointed out the cleanliness of the guestroom. We hope we get to welcome you back in the near future.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We recently stayed a night at this hotel. Reading the reviews beforehand, I was kind of concerned,but it turned out to be a really nice place.

The front desk stuff was very nice and useful. The room was clean and the pool area was great too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lourdes S, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time in giving us your comments about your recent stay with us. It will always be our pleasure to be of service to you and we will make sure to thank the team on your behalf. We hope we will have more opportunities to welcome you back in the near future.