“A bit pricey but with it came excellent service, spacious rooms and cleanliness.”

Edward Hotel Markham
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with my friends for a wedding we were attending the next day in the local area. The front desk and service people were friendly, very accommodating and helpful with all of our requests. The bedrooms were spacious, clean and well ventilated. The hotel was also easy to find and was very close once you got off Highway 404. The only thing is that it was a little pricey, in my opinion, but it was worth it and I did have a good stay. #Recommended

• Stayed: May 2013
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

We are delighted that your party chose to stay with us for this special occasion. Thank you for your review and we are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future if your travels take you to Markham.

There are newer reviews for Edward Hotel Markham

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel does well on the major things: Service is courteous. Room is clean. But sometimes, it's the small things that makes the impression. We booked through Priceline for almost half the regular price, so it is understandable that we were given the best room, and we were not expecting one either. However, we were not asked of the preference on a smoking or a non-smoking floor, so we ended up on a smoking one. The absorbed smoked smell was clearly noticeable. We could have asked for a room change and probably get one, but that is beside the point if you were not asked of your preference in the first place.

The rooms are clearly clean, but shows signs of ageing and slight neglects. Fridge, microwave, and the adjustable beds are all nice touches, but it would be nicer if I did not have to move the furniture and plug them in myself. The fridge was powered by a Pelter cooler rather than compressor, so it was not too cold to start with. The ice around it made it totally unusable. I spent a good 15 min to defrost it in order to be able to use it.

The bottom line: A good hotel, but please sweat on the small stuff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Hwy 7 during the constructions can be noisy
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies that your room preference was not confirmed upon your arrival. We are grateful for your feedback and will ensure that your comments are shared with our team.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I attended a conference at this hotel, and was pleasantly surprised on more than one occasion. I was upgraded to a superior room and the breakfast, which was included with the room rate, was exceptional. The front desk staff were some of the best I have encountered - comparable to the Ritz-Carlton staff.

Room Tip: 16th Floor - slept like a baby!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. Our staff strive to offer great service to our Guests and I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience this. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us while attending your conference. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'm use to go at Delta Hotels and it was my first time at this one and, I was disapointed by the room compare to other delta where they did renovation last year.
In my room, I had an old TV, old carpet and it was not their new beds...
Still a Delta so, a good hotel but, they need to be at the same level as the rest of the chain

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room if possible
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your review. I have forwarded your comments regarding your experience to our team. We do offer Guest rooms with LCD TVs and pillow top mattresses and am sorry that we were unable to offer this on your recent stay. We would be grateful for the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I spent a week here and I was treated very well.
Rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable,the front desk was quick with the check in.
The cleaning staff are very professional.
The food is good,
I was here for business and The Business Travel Manager was very helpful and willing to handle any problems.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that your week with us was comfortable. We appreciate your feedback and will ensure that your experience is shared with our team.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

At the end of my March tour 2013 in americas I landed in Toronto and stayed at his hotel. The check in was very fast and polite, the rooms are confortables and the beds are really offering you a strong and good sleep. Everything is very clean and soft atmosphere. It is a typical business hotel but it is offering the right confort you need during a business trip. Even if located out of the city is quite close, walking distance, from good restaurants and shopping centers. For sure I will be there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The exterior of the hotel is unassuming. However, The lobby is very large, bright and welcoming. The room was excellent, service was good, and overall the hotel was very nice.

My only take on it was the restaurant, dated carpet, chairs showing signs of age, and food was meh. I would recommend checking out the great variety of restaurants very close to the hotel rather than using the hotel's own.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to forward your comments regarding our restaurant with our team. I hope we can welcome you back in the future.