Edward Hotel Markham
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanstay downtownrecommend this hotelpool areabooked this hotelcanada's wonderlanddeltalobbytivolibusinessmicrowavetelevision
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Delta Markham is a great experience and the people who work there make the difference. Thank you for making our weekend away special. Special thanks to Laura and Tracy, keep up the great job.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were able to ensure you had a wonderful weekend.. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

It's a nice hotel, but horrible wi-fi, I stay here for business every so often, prices are usually reasonable, food is alright, but most hotels food isn't great, I will defiantly stay here n the future, staff is friendly and service is excellent

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for your experience with our WiFi. We were experiencing challenges with our network during the time you were wtih us. I am pleased to advise you that our technology consultants have resolved the issues. I am delighted to read that you found your stay enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Let me say firstly that I have been travelling to Toronto every 8 weeks for the past two years. I have stayed in many hotels but the Delta Markham was one of the best I have stayed in for a number or reasons.
When I booked the Delta Markham, I was impressed by the price and value after much review. It was when we arrived at the hotel, the intrinsic value of the hotel increased significantly. The decor is simple and elegant. The people at the front desk, especially Narciso and Khrystyne, who were extremely pleasant and helpful. These two persons are exemplary and sterling examples of what customer service should be everywhere.
The room was adequate in size; what I would recommend is the upgrading of the television set to a flat screen; the microwave oven should not be optional but should come with every room; and there should be the option of requesting a DVD player to attach to the flat screen TV.
I would recommend this hotel for all guest types: business, family, couples, etc.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your review. I will be sure to recognize Khrystyne and Narciso for the wonderfu service they provided. They are a welcome addition to our team! It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for your suggestions. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed there for two nights August 17 & 18. Booked through Priceline for a King with Sofabed, when I called to tell them we would be a late check-in they told me they had upgraded me to a Deluxe room because the King/Sofa was unavailable so though slightly inconvenient it was a fair trade.

Check in was very busy as the hotel was sold out but staff was professional and friendly during check in but it was still very slow. Asian guests kept pushing into the line and staff helped them first. Annoying but again not a deal breaker. BUT waiting to check in was nothing compared to the wait for the elevators. I can not express how slow they are. I waited 5 minutes, not exaggerating, to get an elevator.

Room was nice, bed was comfy, everything was clean. Pillows were horrible and about 6 inches thick which does not work for a stomach sleeper. I called down and NO ONE answered. I have never stayed in a hotel where no one answers when you dial '0'. Tried to make due with the pillows and finally with a kink in my neck called down at 3 am and was told there were no other pillows, staff member, Chris I believe, was very rude and it felt like he was rushing me off the phone. Had a terrible sleep and woke up with a serious kink and went down to front desk to complain. Was told they in fact had lots of feather pillows and they were not sure why he did not offer me those. Benjamin said they would be in our room by the time we got back. They weren't. Called down, NO ONE answered, called back, NO ONE answered and finally on the third try got someone who sent them up. Not really impressed.

The pool was awesome. very clean. BUT no towels. told the guy at the desk and he said he'd get some there. 1/2 hour later still no towels. Walked to the elevator dripping wet carrying my daughter. Waited 5 mins freezing my butt off for the incredi-slow elevator. Went down to the pool next day and again no towels. Told the guy, 1 hour later still no towels. Kind of ridiculous.

The restaurant is very good, room service meal, I had the Club, was delicious. Breakfast buffet was only $14.95, which if you have stayed at any other Delta is very reasonable, and it was pretty good for standard buffet fare.

Overall the stay was average. The room was nice, the restless sleep with a pillow as thick as a couch cushion was not. The food was good, the customer service was not. The pool was good, no towels was not. At this point I am not sure I would return unless it was a great deal as at full price I would not be happy at all.

Room Tip: - If you prefer a thin pillow call ahead because the night guy is not interested in helping you. - Bring a room towel down to the pool and call and ask for a new towel for your room - Eat at the restaurant. It's very good, it's very affordable and the staff working there are excellent. -Free parking!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Chris H, General Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

I'm sorry to read of the problems you encountered and I do apologize for any inconvenience. The hotel was full that weekend so I can only offer that as the explanation for the elevator wait - they are usually very efficient. I have noted the comments about the lack of response to your telephone call for a replacement pillow as well as the follow-up the next morning. Our Guest Service personnel can experience busy periods but I am sorry about the impression that you were left with by our Night Audit personnel. I also note the comment about the lack of towels at our pool area and have spoken with our housekeeping department about ensuring a continuous supply.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. When you first arrive at the hotel and walk through the lobby, you think this is pretty nice for the price you pay. Then you get off the elevator and realize it's really old. The rooms are also dated with old carpeting but a decent size. There is a small fridge, old microwave and coffee pot. The bathroom was updated a bit but the shower curtains had some unknown stains on it. The bedside table had some stains on it as well. The sheets had maybe it was lint and needed new sheets. I wouldn't completely write it off the list but wouldn't stay here again unless it was my last resort. On the upside, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Definitely a plus.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bubbles318
Chris H, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for your comments and I apologize for not providing the level of service that you expected. Your comments about the linen have been passed on to our housekeeping department and the comments about our product are noted for our ownership. I do appreciate the kind comments regarding our personnel.