“Very dated”

Edward Hotel Markham
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. When you first arrive at the hotel and walk through the lobby, you think this is pretty nice for the price you pay. Then you get off the elevator and realize it's really old. The rooms are also dated with old carpeting but a decent size. There is a small fridge, old microwave and coffee pot. The bathroom was updated a bit but the shower curtains had some unknown stains on it. The bedside table had some stains on it as well. The sheets had maybe it was lint and needed new sheets. I wouldn't completely write it off the list but wouldn't stay here again unless it was my last resort. On the upside, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Definitely a plus.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bubbles318
Chris H, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for your comments and I apologize for not providing the level of service that you expected. Your comments about the linen have been passed on to our housekeeping department and the comments about our product are noted for our ownership. I do appreciate the kind comments regarding our personnel.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at the Delta Markham for one night with our two children (6 and 2). It was very nice hotel. The room was a great size. Didn't love the sleep number bed but it wasn't bad. The staff was very helpful. The next morning a gentleman at the front desk looked up information for me on Wonderland and even called them to confirm some information. Really thought this was above and beyond and it was appreciated. The buffet breakfast the next morning had a nice variety. The pool area was nice with a hot tub and sauna. The kids both got a little welcome gift when we arrived as well. I would recommend this hotel for anyone travelling to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a sleep number bed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and had an opportunity to use our recreational facilities. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Am staying at Delta Markam....everything is just great.... From front desk to room service; from housekeeping to the restaurant.....very impressively
Staff and guests are all friendly abd helpful...
Also, the hotel is quite in general....do one can really relax...

They also have a poon, sauna and many other services available.

I will definitely stay at Delta again; and bring my friends & family, too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and wish you a wonderful summer.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We spent two nights at the Delta Markham . The large 2 queen (sleep # bed) room was very clean and the friendly staff made our stay enjoyable the grandkids loved the pool but missed the free breakfast. There is a restaurant on the main floor which we did not have an opportunity to explore. We booked our room thru Priceline and believe we received a good value.
The hotel is within 5 miles of a subway stop. We bought one day transit passes that include all buses, subways and trolley. This was a great way to get around Toronto. Remember TTS does not take credit cards, and token machines do not take US dollars

Room Tip: As for a room over looking the city.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I agree that the public transit is so convenient to travel around Toronto. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Hotel lobby is beautiful! Stayed overnight in a suite which was nice and cosy. Employees were friendly and always willing to help. Loved the turn down service.

Room Tip: Corner suites are great - they are away from the possible hallway traffic. It's almost like you...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you found your accommodations comfortable and that our staff were able to provide you with any assistance required.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We checked in @12:00pm, they said the room was not ready yet, but they reserved one room for us, and promised to give us the room key when we came back later. So my friend and I went to shopping and got back around 9:30pm. But they told us the room was taking by another people. The information of that room was still under our name!! How can they give our room to another one!! Even worse, they were trying to give us a meeting room which has NO Bed in the room! and the guy threatened us, if we were not taking the meeting room, we could go to airport and leave Toronto.
The service is HORRIBLE!!! This hotel is the last hotel I would choose!!
NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!.

Room Tip: Never choose this one!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Faye C

I am disappointed to read about your experience and offer you my sincerest apologies. I would be grateful for an opportunity to discuss the details of your concerns. I can assure you that our staff have a good reputation for providing a high level of service and am shocked at the experience you describe. I hope we have an opportunity to redeem ourselves with you and if possible to speak with you personally.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel is close to many restaurants and my headquarters (with a complimentary taxi ride). The lobby is modern in it's look but it ends there.

The hallways are older looking as are the rooms... but they are clean and comfortable. housekeeping is great - leaving your room clean and respecting the policy they have around being green... many hotels ignore it! The bed is a "sleep number" but it didn't really work so no benefit there.

Room service is fairly good - fast service for a late evening dinner.... a minor boo boo on my toast in the AM but they were apologetic and happy to replace if I wanted.... it was no problem.

Front desk staff was friendly and wanted to help wherever they could to ensure you had a nice stay.

Cab ride to nearby restaurant cluster will cost you $ 10 but the concierge might take you over... we tipped him $ 5.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. There are an array of restaurants in the area which are very good and are easily accessible from the Hotel and I am delighted that our concierge was able to provide you with transportation. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future and perhaps offer you a Guest room with a Sanctuary bed with a pillow top mattress.