Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

they claim breakfast is served until 10am. My family came down at 9:35 they said it was too crowded. They could not add any more names to list. No breakfast for you. Bar the nite before was slow and confused. we will avoid Hilton hotels at all cost. Hotel is nice, staff is friendly. Food and beverage management seems to be the issue.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank brian b
Haley W, Front Office Manager at Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the dining experience you expected. We are constantly updating our menu offerings and service training, and your comments will help us improve in this area. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Haley Weeden

Reviewed June 5, 2014

C/I May 30, C/O June 2. In town for a wedding taking place in Markham, used HHonors points to book the stay since we didn't think we'd feel like driving to a hotel downtown after the reception and other wedding activities. We were very pleased with the room (king NS suite). Room was clean, beds were comfortable, housekeeper was thorough. Only complaints to the room was that space was a bit crowded with excessive furniture. I understand for someone on an extended stay, these extras might be necessary but, for us, it was just "stuff." Nice shower, no tub. The biggest (and most common here) complaint is that there's no in-room free wi-fi. Who doesn't have free wi-fi these days? At least they had it in the lobby BUT they shut off your free access to it the morning of your check out. The restaurant was average. Apparently, they offer "high tea" buffet on Sat and Sun afternoons from 3-5pm. Sunday Brunch also available, I think that was $35 (maybe 39). Lobby bar was nice and cozy. Staff and service was very friendly. Plenty of parking (not free). Across the street from a few small restaurants, pubs, coffee shops, and grocery store. Wouldn't hesitate to book again if we were in the Markham area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The rooms are comfortable, clean and "roomy" enough that you don't feel cramped. The beds are comfortable. Loved the duvet The staff is friendly and helpful. The food is absolutely amazing!!!! The front lobby is both welcoming and pleasing to the eye.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel is located in Ontario prime location & service is very good. Rooms are clean and flexible check-out times. But no complementary services like break- fast. I think now a days most of the hotels don't provide complementary services.

1  Thank Aravindhan V
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I recently stayed two nights for a conference. It was the second year in a row that our conference was held at this hotel and it was an extremely enjoyable experience. There is a lot of parking available close to the main entrance. I know normally it would cost $10 but, for us, it was included in the cost of the conference. Much appreciated. It is located just a block north of Hwy 407 so very accessible. Check-in was very fast and efficient. Important to note, however, that the only rooms that come with a large soaker tub are the rooms with the double beds. I had originally requested a king size bed but when I heard it comes only with a shower, I asked to be switched to two double beds so I could take advantage of the tub! Room is, actually, a suite. Couch with desk and tv as you enter the room, then two closets, a mini bar fridge, coffee maker, bathroom with soaker tub, and bedroom with nice view. Food was in abundance - all included in the conference price. Staff were helpful and polite. Each morning, a "National Post" newspaper was at my door. Check-out was express with the statement under my door the last morning. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Unfortunately, didn't have time to experience the spa. Maybe next time when visiting for pleasure not business!

Room Tip: Suites with king size beds have showers. Rooms with double beds have soaker tubs with a shower as w...
Reviewed June 2, 2014

only missing thing to the rooms, the in room refrigeration could have been a little cooler, couch and bed I found to be a little firm, and the shower felt a little cramped. Very nice room though overall, but the rooms I stay in on vacation have been quit a bit larger than this especially for a suit. I would have liked a bit more space and a balcony for the simple fact of convenience having to go all the way down and through the lobby to go outside, especially to enjoy the evening air while trying to unwind at the end of the day was a bit annoying. The staff were great and helpful and location for travel to restaurants, bars , and attractions was easy to get to. I would recommend this hotel to others and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a conference this past weekend.
I stayed in a room with 2 double beds. Very spacious and clean room. My room had a bath tub however my friend down the hall complained becasue she only had a shower stall.
The bed and pillows were comfy. Mini fridge and microwave included so that was nice.
My only real complaints about the room were that there was no make up mirror and no full length mirror. I think that stuff is pretty standard so no idea why they dont have that.
Staff was friendly. The meeting rooms were great and I must say the catering was TOP NOTCH! Really enjoyed the food at the meetings. I wouldn't mind staying at this hotel again.