Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed here while attending a wedding locally. Very comfortable rooms. Would recommend this hotel. Usually this quality of hotel is in a downtown location which this one is not so was very pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
There are newer reviews for Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Excellent choice. The service, facilities and amenities exceeded expectations. Sleeping quarters were wonderfully quiet and employees were uniformly gracious and extremely helpful. The Hilton provided Hospitality +++

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very pleasant and efficient staff. Hotel clean and quiet. Very comfortable beds with quality linen. Mini fridge not working in room was replaced within 5 minutes of calling front desk. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I came to this hotel via recommendation of Joyride 150 bike park. Easy booking online from Joyride 150 website link. I arrived late and they realized the booking did not give me the Joyride rate and corrected it without me asking...it was after midnight so I hadn't noticed. The room was a spacious suite with a separate living area. Very clean, new furnishings, 2 TVs. Bathroom had more amenities than downtown Hilton. The Bar staff made me a custom green smoothie from scratch, not on menu for reasonable cost, every morning. Second day I didn't need to give him ingredients. The exercise facility was best I've seen. Full gym, pool, racquet courts, fitness classes, trainers, physio etc. Community club with full access to Hotel guests. The spa was readily available and had full services for sports massage, couples, pregnancy... Complimentary breakfast included. This was one of the best overall hotel experiences I have had in quite awhile and the value was tops.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I was really impressed with everything that I encountered at this hotel - the rooms were very spacious and the bed was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This has to rank very high on the nicest hotel that I have stayed at. Thanks, Hilton

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have stayed at Hilton Hotels many times and always enjoyed my stay. However when making the reservations this time I was then transferred to the marketting group located somewhere in the US where the gentlemen who was very professional tried to sell me a trip to a time share siminar. This I did not appreciate at all and I would have cancelled my stay but, this being a business planned event, I had no choice. At the conference, a few other people I met commented on this also when we talked about how nice the facilities were. SO bottom line, would I stay at the Hilton again, yes but I would deffinately by-pass the transfer of calls....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My family and i drove from Ottawa tonight arriving at 930 pm.. While checking in we start to carry our bags in....the door man standing inside watching...we finally notice a cart in the corner after our second trip ( daughter dance competition so lots of cloths/ costumes) it windy and cold out side and when my son goes to grab the cart the doorman takes it and starts loading the bags we already brought inside telling my son it's for him to do! He actually waited in the warmth while we brought the bags in from the windy, cold, wet outside! Wow classy place.
We went down for a late supper and it was descent expensive but descent.
We get back to our room about 11pm exhausted and turned out the lights to find that in the area where the pull out bed is had a glass block wall that led out to the hallway...and no way to block out the lights from the outside hall! It was like daytime in the room where my son had to sleep! Amazing! A frosted glass wall that went directly to a hall! No curtains. I travel alot on business and pleasure, this year alone i've stayed in a minimum of 30 different hotels in eastern Canada and the US and have never seen anything like this ridiculous setup! Basically a frosted window that goes directly to the hall....with no curtains! We ended up getting 2 blankets to but over the glass from the inside so he (son) could at least try to get some sleep. If this was not for my daughters dance competition and the entire team was not staying here i would have already been at the nearest Marriot! The maintenance guy who brought the blankets was sorry...not his fault...and he said he would try to fix something from the hall side later tonight and would have the missing curtains put back up in the morning.
One last item...the main bedroom with 2 double beds....to close those curtains you have to actually climb over the one bed as there is no room between the corner of the bed and them wall to get by...another nice feature.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Haley W, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Monty,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with our hotel. We are very sorry that the guestroom did not meet your family's expectations, since the comfort and safetly of our guests is our highest priority. We have shared your comments with our facilities team so they are aware of the situation and may work to improve our guests comfort moving forward. We hope you'll give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the area so we may better demostrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Haley Weeden