“Great service”

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Markham Ontario
“Great service”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

i recently stayed at Comfort Inn Markham and had an excellent stay. the rooms were very clean and the staff Christi Nathan Micah and Nick were very courteous friendly and accomadating. The facilities are excellent with a pool sauna hot tub and fitness room. The breakfast is included with both hot and cold options and was very fresh.. Thanks so much as I travel all over the province and find this location to be the best.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Hornet10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I found this hotel on the Ontario Science Centre Web site. It looked like a great place to stay with the kids. I was very excited, I had found great rates on line and the reviews looked pretty good. I was shocked when I contacted the hotel to inquire about additional room and location information to be confronted by a very hostile, unfriendly agent. She insisted she had already spoken to me today and given me the necessary information. I informed her this was the first time I had ever called the hotel, and was just looking for some information on the distance to the science centre. She exhaled loudly, making it clear the my questions were annoying, and stated again she already spoke to me. I hung up and will now continue my search for a hotel that actually wants business. I can not believe that this property received positvie reviews on guest service.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank familytraveller100
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Very comfortable stay , very friendly and multilingual staff . Rooms were very clean and spacious . They have a nice salt water pool and in a nutshell will come back to this hotel when we are around in Markham.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Montreal
Reviewed September 9, 2009

At the arrival, everything went smoothly. The hotel is clean, the rooms are spacious, modern, and comfortable. The main problem was coming from other guests of the hotel. Some construction workers seemed to call this hotel their home, and for the 2 nights we stayed there we had to deal with loud music, yelling, drinking, noise till very late at night, right outside our window. We asked to change room the first night of our stay, but were denied due to lack of rooms available. Instead the hotel sent someone to talk to the drunks, things calmed down for a few minutes, and restarted not long after. We had a 6 months-old baby with us that kept waking up as much as his parents... We had to call repetadly and finally silence came, I guess they all went to bed. On the second night, same happened again, but we were finally moved to another room, since the person at the reception told me that it would be easier than to calm them down. Since they rented several rooms for around a month, I guess the hotel manager felt that it wouldn't be wise to offend the noisemakers...I guess it's understandable...business wise. After we moved to the other side of the hotel, things went ok, besides a few more drunks in the halls at around 2 am...

Besides that, everything went well! lol

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank RedDust
Windsor, Ontario
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Me and my family usually visit the GTA every year during the summer. I guess you could say its our "before back to school" trip. Anyways, we have been staying at this hotel for the past few years. The location is just perfect. Close to shopping centres, restaurants, etc. The rooms are very clean and spacious, very cozy and comfortable. The air conditioner may be a little noisy but you'll eventually get use to it. The 32" plasma TV is okay, you do get Toronto cable but you can't really adjust the screens and pictures so the images are stretched. The pool and hot tub are just amazing. The breakfast, fantastic! I mean, a make you own waffle machine is what definitely get your day going. All in all this hotel is fantastic! Out of all the hotels in the Toronto area, this will always the best hotel for me and my family to stay during our yearly trip to Toronto.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Leafs4Ever
Cornwall Ontario
Reviewed July 30, 2009

The desk service was very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast is very good, not a lot of seating in the breakfast area (20 at most) but you can take your food back to your room. There is a waffle maker there, so if you want one you'll have to wait in line and wait the 2min to make one yourself but hey it's fresh! We had a problem with the AC and maintenance showed up within 5 min of our call and he quickly determined that we needed a replacement unit. He brought one to our room and had the new one installed in 15 min. He was very fast and professional. The pool isn't super big and doesn't have a deep end (5ft at it's deepest) but it's very clean and presented well. There's a gas station right next to the hotel which is a plus, also a super market and restaurants 1 block away. If your going to the Toronto Zoo it'll take you about 30min in mourning traffic, about 40min to the CN tower. Some of the down's i can think of is it's very close to a small plane airport with planes coming and going all the time but if you keep your window closed you can barely hear them. They have 32" LCD tv's in the rooms but they are on analog cable (bad quality) and you can't adjust the colour or picture size so your stuck with some channels too dark and with the wrong aspect ratio. They have wireless internet but make sure you get a password from the desk when you check in. I had to call the front desk 3 times before they gave me a password that worked. Overall it's a very nice hotel and the price is decent and i'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveling_ppl
halifax
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Then only negative about this place was the size of the breakfast room...very tight quarters but management was willing to open another room with tables to accomodate. 15 minutes to Wonderland, 1 km from amenities...great price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family