$123
$106
Hampton.com
$117
$104
All reviewsroom was cleanwaffleshot tubfridge and microwavefree breakfastcleaning staffdecent hotelminute drivepacific mallhot breakfastpleasant staylots of restaurantsbusiness tripnathanhighwaygtacostco
Reviewed September 29, 2017

I was always taught to say something good first before criticizing...The sausage for breakfast was good.

Now for the bad...

We were part of a tour group of mostly elderly people. Upon arrival, we found that this location had NO ELEVATOR! They also wouldn't offer to have any of their employees assist with carrying luggage up the stairs. Also many of the assigned rooms were not only on the upper floor, but they were at the extreme far end of the motel. In addition, there were children running up and down the halls between their rooms and the pool.

The breakfast rooms was extremely small and not equipped to handle a group of any size. Because of its layout, only 4-5 people could get their food at the same time.

The entire motel showed it's age. I wouldn't say it was dirty, but the hallways were dark and the rooms are in need of updating.

At our departure, they finally had 1 employee to help bring down our luggage. This was only accomplished though after demands by the tour director and the bus driver.

Room Tip: Only stay on the 1st floor due to the lack of an elevator
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2017

For my rating of the Comfort Inn I've tried to be as objective as possible as there are several good points and several bad points so there isn't one Overall rating that accurate describes this hotel.

I was only there for one night so my review is based on that and I didn't try any of the amenities other than the breakfast so I cannot comment on those. My opinion is that for the price the Comfort Inn is a great option for a one night stay but I'm not sure that I would want to stay longer than that.

Good:
- Staff was friendly
- Room was clean
- Location was great (close to Hwy 7, Steeles, HWY 407 & 404)
- Bed was comfortable
- Included breakfast was better than most. In addition to the Yogurt, cereal, waffles, and pastries offered by other hotels they also had sausages and eggs.

Bad:
- While room was clean it did show signs of age: Burns on the comforter, paint peeling/missing from the ceiling, TV had burnt in images, room smelled like deodorizer was heavily used to probably mask some less appealing smell.
- I listed the location as a plus but if you don't have a car then it's a big minus. There's nothing easily accessible from the hotel without a car.
- The hotel itself is a labyrinth in terms of it's layout.
- Whether it was that the people staying there were loud or the walls were thin, I was able to hear conversations from rooms around me during the night. "luckily" the A/C system was loud enough to drown them out when I wanted to go to bed.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
gmCN278, Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear Member,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments and also for the balanced critique. We have shared your comments with our team.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience with us we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Management
Comfort Inn Markham

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

We got a room 1st level in which once entering the room there is an unbearable smell. It was a smell between perfume and smoke. We asked for a different room in which the unfriendly receptionist gave us one upstairs. It was still smelling but not so bad. Cleanliness was not so bad. For this price there are a lot of better places to stay. It's our LAST time here.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I arrived and immediately I noticed that the bath ceramic was covered with mildew and there were silverfish on the bathroom floor. We mentioned it to the host and he did not know what mildew was but said he would send someone to clean it. After diner it was not cleaned so I had to buy cleaning products to clean it myself so we could take showers. We mentioned it when we left and they gave us 10%. But i still would never go back there!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yog1bh4j4n
Reviewed August 30, 2017

There was nothing exceptional about this hotel. Clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. Breakfast was better than average. I arrived too late to use the pool, but it looked nice. I would consider this hotel the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business