“No complaints”

Comfort Inn Toronto Northeast
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Check in was quick and easy, staff were professional. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great, a full selection of hot and cold items. Pool and hot tub were a nice addition to our stay. I had forgotten some small items and staff provided them to me without issue, which was very convenient. I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Here is my breakdown for the Comfort Inn Markham.

I will admit that this hotel was so average that I almost didn't write on it but I need to get my reviews up so why not.

Service: When we came into the hotel we were treated reasonably well. We wanted an internet password and got it. They told us about breakfast and things. Pretty good. There was a copy of the Toronto Star at the door in the morning. I think that is always a great touch.

Cleanliness: The hotel was superclean. They obviously vacuumed a lot and dusted which was great.

Location: I don't really think it is close to much. It was close to my friends place so if you want to go there, go ahead. About a 20 minute drive to Subway station. 10 minutes drive to 401.

Value: I would say we got good value. Booked on booking.com at around $104 I believe.

Rooms: Not bad at all, very clean, great bed and the room is surprisingly very large and comfortable. Solid internet access and even a small fridge.

Breakfast: This was one of the worst continental breakfasts Ive seen. The room everyone was eating in was very small and there were only a few tables. Due to the congestion, the breakfast tables were messy and where you got the food was pretty disgusting. This could all be avoided if they found another room to have the breakfast. The food selection was pretty good but watered down eggs are not for me.

Overall it has good qualities and bad qualities. If you do select this hotel, I probably woudnt write a review because, well you will probably forget about the place.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wayner76
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was stuck with one of the last rooms they had, which was a smoking room. It was like sleeping in a casino, even if no one was smoking around you, the residual was still there. However, that was my only choice and I took it. (I don't believe the guy two doors down that was smoking at his open sliding glass doors will pass his drug screen at work. Definitely not a traditional cigarette.)

The room was clean, the internet was good, and the breakfast was very good. Sausage, scrambled eggs, toast, muffins, yogurt and fresh fruit plus coffee and orange juice. There was a nice community table with seating for 10 folks which was great for meeting and talking with fellow travelers.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side of the hotel on the ground floor have sliding glass doors that open to th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stopped for a 1 night stay while in Toronto. Hotel was clean and staff were friendly. They helped me with a map and the best way to travel to Montreal from the Hotel without using the Toll Road. Hotel was easy to get to from downtown (10-15 mins). Breakfast was plentiful with waffles, eggs, meat, cereal, pastries, toast, etc.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed here with a group. Actual rooms were decent, beds were comfy, decent shower pressure. Hallways were very dated and worn, breakfast was limited and very crowded. We would stay here again if we were looking for good value, but would probably not stay as a vacation destination.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and did not have access to an elevator (that we know of). Also very nois...
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Pleasant stay. The rooms were clean - the pool & area were nice. I booked this hotel through Choice Privileges. The outside of the hotel is a little dated. Very difficult to find children's shows on the television. Overall, a good stopover hotel. The rooms were actually quite spacious.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

It was okay. The pool was nice, not too cold. The rooms smelled real stuffy and closed-up when we opened our room.
The cable is crappy but the wifi was fast.
The breakfast was decent, run-of-the-mill fare, but the line-ups for it in the morning were ridiculous. It took forever to eat breakfast Saturday and Sunday.
There is an amazing Asian restaurant across the street that has a wonderful buffet.