“For the price, it was okay.”

Staybridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We are a family of five, staying over a tournament weekend, and while well priced, the hotel had a cheap feel, from the beds to the pull out couch (which was brutal). The walls are pretty thin, and as such we heard everything, all night. No complaints from the kids about breakfast - nor about the pool. All was adequate.

Room Tip: top floor!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Business travel with co-worker. Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which is very spacious and clean. Great pricing and included breakfast. The only thing missing was the mini-bar or any bar at the facility. Perhaps this is a common thing in Toronto but kind of odd to me. Driving to the nearest restaurant was close by and parking is free. Wifi was free as well which is good.

Room Tip: try to get a higher floor for less noise from the roads nearby
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Staybridge_Markham, Manager at Staybridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear aweiys,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review and loved reading that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back if your travels bring you to Markham again!

Kim Portener
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were doing some visiting in Pickering and then downtown Toronto. The hotels in downtown were either booked solid or overpriced. Then we found the Staybridge Suites Toronto that was centrally located, just off of Hwy 404 and Hwy 7 and the price was very reasonable, so we booked a one bedroom king suite for one night. What a great choice.

Arrived during the evening and the check in was fast and efficient. As an IHG member, we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom king suite. The room was great even though we only used the one bedroom, living room and kitchen area.

We had ordered take out from a local restaurant and given the time it was suppose to arrive, we decided we had time for a swim in the indoor pool. We passed by the lobby on the way to the pool and advised the staff that we had ordered delivery in the event they came early. The indoor pool was a good size, the room was heated very nice and the water was an excellent temperature. Sure enough, as we were enjoying our swim, one of the staff was nice enough to come to the pool area and advise us that our delivery had arrived early. Very impressed with the staff as they did not have to do this.

After a great night's sleep, we took in the buffet breakfast that was included. A very good selection of food and they had an awesome fresh fruit salad made up, simply delicious! We then checked out and it didn't take us anymore than 25 minutes to get to downtown Toronto. We will definitely be back next time we have visiting to do in the G.T.A.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Staybridge_Markham, Manager at Staybridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear MuskokaMan,

Thank you for leaving a 5 star review of our hotel! We are happy that you were pleased with our customer service and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with the rest of our staff!

Thank you once again for staying with us; we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

One night stay at Staybridge Suites Toronto Markham with a coworker. Tucked out of the way in nice quiet area. Loved everything about the stay - fast easy check in and check out. Amazing complimentary food options. Roomy suite with so many amenities I didn't want to have to leave! Very clean and well maintained. Plenty of easy to access on-site parking. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear shari,

Thank you for your review and for recommending our hotel! We hope that you will be able to enjoy a longer visit with us the next time that you are visiting the area!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Very pleased with the Holiday Inn Staybridge. Excellent value, kitchen in the room with everything you need to cook. The breakfast has hot and cold food - not just some cereal and coffee.
Room was spotless and the staff top notch.

I will return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mdlphins,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! At the Staybridge Suites Toronto Markham we pride ourselves on providing exceptional service and accommodations and we are pleased that you were able to enjoy yourself during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The majority of my review is very positive. The room was very nice, clean, modern, and had more amenities than I could have required - and all for a great price. The HVAC worked perfectly, and was easily adjustable... internet is very fast and easy to access... washroom is in good condition and has good shower pressure. The faucets were quite new and worked like a charm. Bed was very comfortable, TV had many channel options (some in HD), and even had a decent view of the nice neighbouring community.

The breakfast is the best breakfast I've ever had at a hotel - it puts a certain other brand (looking at you HIE) to shame... the eggs are great quality, there is fresh cut fruit, plenty of options, and the menu even changed daily. The highlight of the week was the french toast... my god it was good! Kudos to the breakfast cooking team - I was very impressed.

The ONE gripe I have with this location is the gym/fitness room. It is not very extensive, which is understandable due to the size of the area, but what made it painful was 50% of the machines were broken or poorly maintained. I almost sliced my hand on one of the tension wires which had been snapped and pulled askew. The exercise bike is completely broken, and there was only 1 working treadmill. It was unfortunate as I like to have a fitness room during my week long stays, so I had to go to another gym at night.

Other than the gym the area exceeded my expectations and I was very happy with my stay.

Room Tip: Third floor appeared to be nicely modernized
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank TravellingEh
Staybridge_Markham, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Travelling EH,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Your comments and suggestions are truly appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed our facility and our breakfast. On the other hand I apologize for your bad expereince in our gym. We have replaced both of our treadmills in the gym and have order further new equipment that should soon.
I truly hope that you will join us again on your next stay to Markham.
Thank you once again.
Marlin Mijaljevic

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was trying to arrange a block of rooms for a wedding this summer. Called and left a message and this was not returned. The ice storm was a few days after this first call so I gave the benefit of the doubt that it was a really busy time for hotels and called back after the holidays. Staff were very friendly and agreed to send me a contract by the end of the week. Nothing came. Called back 10 days later and received a lot of apologies stating they had fogotten but would send it by the end of the day. That was almost a month ago and still nothing. It shouldn't be this hard to bring business to a hotel! I wanted to book a number of rooms. Obviously I went elsewhere for my wedding since I didn't trust that my guest would receive any kind of customer service if they needed it. Not impressed.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Tobs4

Dear Tobs4,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review. I would personally like to apologize for your experience with our hotel and the lack of communication with you in regards to your wedding block. I have taken this issue up with our team and I can promise you that we do not practice such service at this property.
We will do our absolute best to make sure something like this never happens again. I truly hope you have found a great hotel to place your guests and I wish you all the best on your wedding day.

Marlin Mijaljevic