Yup, that's right - don't use hotwire for 3+ people for this location. The difficult thing being that's the whole gimmick about hotwire - you don't know what hotel you're getting until the transaction is complete. Don't get me wrong - I'm not slamming this hotel - very courteous staff - clean rooms - perfect location. Long story short - using hotwire, I specified 4 people - I then got this particular location as my hotel but it indicated for me to contact the hotel about bed types. I recommend you do not email the hotel - they don't check their email or they don't reply - not really sure what's going on there. Anyways, I found out my room would be 1 queen bed with 1 sofabed. Very annoyed, I pleaded with the hotel that this was unacceptable and they blamed hotwire for the fashion they market their hotel. I was offered a room with 2 double beds for an additional $30 but I refused. I then contacted hotwire, ironically they blamed Staybridge and that it's up to the hotel to deem what's adequate accommodations for the number of specified guests. It became an argument of is a sofa bed adequate - in no shape or form do I believe so...I'd rather sleep on the carpet than a sofabed. As you know hotwire doesn't do refunds or transfers so I was a bit stuck.
I figured I'll go to the hotel in person and plead my case again face to face. The woman was very nice and understanding but stated she didn't have any control over hotwire's way of business - she did offer the upgrade of $10 for 2 double beds and I had no choice but to accept.
I very much enjoyed our room - very clean and spacious. I'm not a big fan of the bathroom sink being in the open but no big deal. It's awesome having the kitchen (with fridge) as we had a ton of groceries to keep cool. I would stay here again for sure but only for 2 people...in my opinion - 4 people need 2 queen beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Markham,the high-tech capital of Canada, Staybridge Suites Toronto Markham is the perfect hotel choice whether staying for 1 night or 30! Our All-Suites hotel offers spacious rooms, the perfect option to spread out and Get Comfortable while away from home! Whether for business or pleasure, our guests can stay connected to work and home with our free wireless high-speed Internet everywhere and free local phone calls! Surrounded by the communities of Markham, Thornhill and Richmond Hill, Staybridge Suites Toronto-Markham is conveniently located to major highways 401, 404, 407, 400 and 7 and in close proximity to many of Canada s top national and international firms including: AMD, CGI, DELL, Motorola, IBM, Apple, State Farm and Magna, to name only a few. Visiting the Markham and north Toronto area for vacation? Well, you have come to the right place! We are closely located to attractions that offer something for everyone including golf at any of the local 12 golf courses including the renowned Angus Glen Golf Course, Canada s Wonderland, Toronto Zoo, Ontario Science Centre, Pacific Mall, Vaughan Mills, Markham Theatre, CN Tower, and Air Canada Centre. We are also surrounded by a wide selection of restaurants, shopping and entertainment theatres and only minutes away from the metropolitan city of Toronto!As of May 22nd, 2012 we will begin our multi-million dollar renovation. With our guest in mind, we will do everything possible to avoid interruptions during your stay. Please be patient as we transform into a “Great Hotel, Guest Love” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Toronto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Toronto Hotel Markham
- Staybridge Suites Markham
- Toronto Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Toronto Markham, Ontario