“Clean and Friendly Staff”

Staybridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We had a two bedroom "smoking" suite. The amazing thing about this room is that when you walked in, you could not tell that it is a smoking room. Room smelled fresh and very clean. The room had full size fridge, dishwasher, cook top etc. The DVD in the room was broken. We called the front desk to report this and they sent a technician with in 10 minutes to fix it.

Our room included continental breakfast. Breakfast and the coffee is amazing.

Staff is very helpful and friendly. I will definitely recommend this place for anyone with family for a long or short stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sujeee

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed here on a Friday evening, check in was smooth and quick.

We were provided our room key card and the check in agent was very helpful in ensuring that we were provided with the wifi password, hours of operations of the complimentary breakfast.

Once we got to our room, we were very pleased with how clean the room was, the air conditioning working and at a temperature that we were able to control easily.

The kitchen area had a full size fridge/freezer and the freezer makes ice! Plenty of power plugs for your laptop, mobile phone charger etc. from the couch/seating area, working table and the sides of the bed.

I appreciated the complimentary Orville Redenbacher microwavable popcorn that was provided, that was a nice touch! There were plenty of plates, glass containers with lids for use if you were planning on making your own dinner, or reheating any leftovers from the nearby resturants.

The hotel location was nice and quiet, and I wasn't awoken by any noises or young children running up and down the hallways.

The fitness centre is opened 24 hours, and perhaps the indoor pool too, don't quote me 100% for the 24 hour pool. They had complimentary use of laundry washers and dryers, but I didn't get a chance to use them so can't comment too much more other then it being complimentary.

Plenty of lit/safe parking was available. The wifi internet had a strong signal however was a bit slow. Had to wait a bit to get to browse through my usual websites.

The morning complimentary breakfast included, a assortment of pastries, waffles, bread, toasters, assortment of juices/pop, fruit, eggs, potatoes, cereal, coffee.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed there for 3 months. very comfortable. facilities like gym, pool are nice.. delicious breakfast. I liked it because of the small kitchenette available in suite. very cooperative in providing utensils like cooker, pans, etc. if you are bored of having outside food.. get your grocery and cook at your suite.. the best option for those who miss indian food.

Room Tip: comfort stay with value
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2011

This hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed in. We rented a 2 bedroom suite for 4 nights the first week of June 2011. Check in was quick and the lady at the front desk was very friendly and polite. The suite was very clean and spacious. The kitchen area was great and fully equipped. The have thought of everything from a toaster, coffee maker, tea kettle, pots/pans, dishes, silverware, bottle opener, can opener... the list goes on and on. The fridge was so clean it looked brand new. The location is perfect. Not too far from anything. We went to Canada's Wonderland (25 minutes), Toronto Zoo (25 minutes) and there is a grocery store less than 10 minutes away. I will definately stay at this hotel again and recommed you give it a try.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I booked through Hotwire and got a great price, but after reading some of the reviews here I was nervous. In the end, we were very pleasantly surprised with our stay here.

We had booked 2 rooms and were planning to have 2 people in 1 and 1 in the other, so after booking I emailed and requested 2 beds in 1 room if possible. I wasn't sure they would be able to grant this, since the 2 bed rooms normally are more expensive, but when we checked in they told us that both rooms had been upgraded to 1 bedroom suites with 2 beds each. The rooms were clean and very spacious--much more than what we needed, and they would be great for anyone there for a longer term stay.

We were basically just looking for a clean, comfortable place to sleep that included parking & breakfast, and Staybridge definitely offered that. The hotel was quite full the night we were there, including a large number of kids staying for a hockey tournament, so I was concerned about noise, but we didn't have any problems. It did mean that the pool was really full of kids in the evening.

The beds were a bit on the firm side for my taste, but it's also worth noting that I was more than 8 months pregnant during our stay so I'm a bit fussy about bed quality right now! I did discover that the couch was very comfortable, though.

The only oddity I found in the room was that the shower curtain was of the style that curves out from the tub, but the tub was standard size and the curtain did not reach very far down. The result was a pretty large puddle on the bathroom floor as water splashed out under the curtain.

Breakfast was fine for an included breakfast--the standard hotel fare (fruit, yogurt, breads, cereal, make your own waffles). The coffee was actually much better than average for a hotel, and even with the high occupancy there was plenty of food (we were there early).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lligett
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Where do I start?
I checked into the noisest lobby of my life ( not their fault if they have loud guests I suppose)
The worst part was probably when I arrived at the room.........and it was OCCUPIED by other guests- Beds unmade- sheets ( dirty)

I immediately called the front desk who said a room was unavailable at the moment- and that we would need to wait an hour or two till one is cleaned up?

Worst part. Not a single person on the staff apologized to me or the guests in the room. Nightmare!!!

Room Tip: Stay Anywhere Else
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank worldtraveller05_11
Reviewed November 7, 2010

my husband and i stayed there for 9 nights as my husband was working in markham. i used the hotel gym and swimming pool each day, both were small but adequate. there was complimentary breakfast serving cereals, eggs, toast, waffles , cakes and coffee again more than adequate. tues, wed, and thursday they serve a compimentary light supper. there is a free laundry you just have to provide powder put dryers free, we had a one bedroom suite this was clean and modern no problems at all. as for the location of the hotel i was on foot as my husband took the car to work, so had to rely on the bus system which is easy to use and will get you to atleast 3 good shopping malls and to the subway into the city. its close to a busy road with lots of chinese, restaurants, cafes,supermarket and a macdonalds. we went to niagara for the weekend, a two hour drive,

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple