“Charming local eatery”
Review of Lemon Bistro

Lemon Bistro
Ranked #27 of 659 Restaurants in Markham
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Italian Influenced cuisine located in the small town of Old Markham Family run with excellant Bistro style menu
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The menu is entered each day on the chalk board and provides a limited but excellent selection of appetizers, entrees and 'sweets' as they refer to it. Selections on a limited menu are invariably better than when a huge variety is offered. With a limited menu the chef is given the freedom to do what he does best. We enjoyed dinner at Lemon Bistro last night. I had the haddock fillet and my wife had the Osso Buco, both of which were excellent. The lemon meringue dessert was fabulous. Now that we live close by, we will assuredly dine here with some frequency when wanting a good quality meal in a casual but charming environment with excellent service.

3  Thank Worldwatcher
There are newer reviews for Lemon Bistro

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a small homey type restaurant.
The waitress is not fancy but warm and friendly.
The menu is limited and written on a board.
Order what you want because it won't be there next time.
I ordered spaghetti and meatballs.
Truthfully I don't usually order spaghetti but it was the best thing that night on the menu (to me).
The meatballs were a little cold.
I called the waitress over and she very apologetically took my plate and less than 5min. later
I had a new plate of food. They didn't return the old one this was new.
This can happen in any restaurant but it was handled quickly with class and I still got to eat with my girlfriend.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a little less formal comfortable good talking restaurant right on Main street Scarborough.
Hurry before they get too busy.
I recommend reservations. It's not that big.

4  Thank wasntme58
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Small spot on Main St Markham with a very limited menu. What they post on their black board is what they have that night - typically 4 or 5 appetizers, 4 or 5 main dishes and 2 or 3 desserts. The night we were there, no chicken or beef dishes on the menu...veal, fish, pasta, etc.

The space is small - very intimate - without a lot of natural light sneaking back into the table areas. I'm not sure if they have an outdoor patio in the summer - there was nothing set up in early May when we were there - with ongoing Main St construction, I'm not sure you'd want a patio for this season anyway.

The food was very good - and service similarly attentive. But this is not inexpensive - the salmon dish was priced at $24 - so with appetizers and/or dessert and maybe a glass of wine or beer - this dinner will be at least $60+/pp - you have a right to high expectations with those prices.

Having said that - they delivered - food was tasty, hot, and plentiful. While choice was limited, what they had was in their wheelhouse. We will probably save for special occasions, but we will certainly go back.

3  Thank harvman
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Frankly I am puzzled how this restaurant manages to survive. I've eaten there twice and both times the food was without any flavour. First time I had the steak, second time (per the waiter's recommendation) I ordered the pork chop. Each time they somehow managed to render the food completely void of taste. I'm not saying it tasted bad, it just didn't have any flavour whatsover. That's not easy to do. Oh and the quinoa tasted like they bought it in the prepared food section of the Loblaws and warmed it up in a microwave. I'd rather skip dinner altogether than go back there.

3  Thank Marek P
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The Lemon Bistro is a gem !! We have never been disappointed. I love the atmosphere. The food is amazing and the family that own and run it are such good people. This has become a regular spot for dinner once a week.

2  Thank June K